This week Xyron and Imaginisce have teamed up to share some creative ideas for crafters and DIYers. I was given the challenge to come up with some projects using both materials without relying on just stand card making. Now for me, this challenge isn't the tough part – I don't do much in the way of card making unless a sticky note or a hand written “to” on gift wrap counts. However, the real challenge is in the theme… Dogs and Dog lovers with the Good Dog collection by Imaginisce.
Oh yes, I like dogs just fine. I grew up with dogs. I just don't have any dogs right now. I don't buy gifts for dog people (maybe I should). So, coming up with projects made with this adorable dog themed paper crafting line was a tricky one. I think I did alright, but I'll let you be the judge. I made a pile of goodies with the materials I was given. Here's a look at the Good Dog collection from Imaginisce I was sent to get started. In a minute I'll show you what I created and share some tutorial steps so you can make them too.
Cute stuff don't you think!?
So here's what I came up with…
Gift tags – simple concept to make. Cut paper, apply Xyron adhesive, stick together, trim. Finish by adding an eyelet and twine. I love making these simple tags because they are quick and easy to make and you can use your paper scraps. No more wasting that pretty patterned paper. I did mention I don't make cards much… I do make tags. Love 'em!
Here's another look.
The Imaginisce paper crafting collection includes some of these neat dimensional stickers. You don't even have to get creative making your own foam layers, the stickers are already layered. So, for this tag, all I did was cut the base paper piece and then apply the sticker. I rounded the corners of the orange paper and added the eyelet and twine, but you could use a tag like this without the tie and it would be just as lovely.
This is a quick little party invitation. This was actually the last project I made with the left over scraps from my other projects. I'm going for the Good Dog messy paw print doodle look… Doodle, as in drawing. I grabbed a little black pen and did a little creative scribbling for a bit and then I used the cute paw print stamps from the collection to make puppy prints across the card.
I'm so happy with how this picture frame turned out and I love the dog in it. I know, I did mention before, I do not have a dog. But, if I did have a dog, this would be it. I love German Shepherds, they's so fabulously beautiful… let's call this one Frank. I think Frank looks magnificent in this photo frame. The papers are cute but not girly and the colors are awesome.
How to make your own Dog Lover collaged photo frame using Imaginisce papers and Xyron
- Imaginisce Good Dog papers
- Wood Crafting Frame
- 5″ Xyron Creative Station and Permanent Adhesive
- Fine grit sand paper or sanding block
Make your own collage photo frame
- Cut paper into strips of various lengths.
- Apply adhesive to the paper.
- Adhere paper to wood frame.
- Trim edges to fit size of frame.
- Using sand paper smooth edges and create a distressed edge look as desired.
- Add heart and paw embellishment to accent.
Finally my favorite project in the batch, a mini notebook. It could be a little journal or even an album. Just the idea of a mini book is fun.
Make your own mini dog lover themed notebook or photo journal
Materials you need:
- Imaginisce Good Dog collection papers and embellishments
- 5″ Xyron Creative Station with Permanent adhesive
- Twine (optional)
- Corner rounder (optional)
Make your own mini book, here's how:
- Cut papers to desired size, round the corners if desired. These are your book pages
- Make your own paper tape – Run a large piece of rainbow striped paper through your Xyron to apply adhesive. Cut into 1/2″ – 3/4″ strips. Cut these strips into 1″ pieces. These will be used as your “tape” to put the book together.
- Lay two pages next to each other. Place pieces of “tape” along the seem of the papers to attach. You can put the tape in any direction you'd like. Fold the tape and page seem. Continue until all your pages are attached together.
- Create your book cover. I used the card stock from the sticker packaging – recycle! Plus I love the blue paper with the cute bone pattern on it that comes in the sticker and embellishment packs. Cut the paper or card stock a little larger than your book pages. I layered a piece of patterned paper, with adhesive to the backside of the card stock. Add extra papers, stickers and layers to create the cover however you'd like.
- Attach the cover to the inside pages at the seam on the inside of the book. Apply a long strip of tape along the outside back spine of the book.
- Add any additional accents or embellishments. I used extra paper scraps to cut out different shapes to include on pages throughout the book. Colorful hearts and fun accents were placed on different blank pages.
- Optionally, wrap twine along the spine of the book and tie off with a bow.
And that's a wrap! I really enjoyed this challenge. Now I want to run and make more mini books with all kinds of themes. The Imaginisce Good Dog collection was really fun to play with and Xyron, as always make paper crafting so much quicker!
For more inspiration, start hopping…
This entire week you can find more fun ideas withe Imaginisce and Xyron. Today two other Xyron design team members are sharing their ideas, check them out too: Sharon Callis and Liz Qualman. Then hop on over to the Xyron blog and see what other fun ideas you can find…
I'd love to hear what you're up to… what creative projects are you working on?