I was going through photos from Easter last year, trying to see what creative fun I had. I came across these pictures of little felt bunnies I made for all the kids' baskets. They're super easy to make I think they are oh so cute!
Materials you need:
- Thread or Embroidery floss
- Fabric scraps
How to make a little fabric bunnies
- Cut two pieces of felt in whatever bunny shape you are creating.
- Cut arms and ears separately. You only need one piece of felt for each arm and each ear. Stitch around each to create a sewn look.
- Stitch whatever decorations or embellishments you'd like on the front of your bunny's belly. Do not sew the face on until the end so you can get it in proportion once the bunny is stuffed.
- Stitch together along the edge of the bunny body but leave one spot open to fill. Make sure to include the ears and arms as you stitch.
- Stuff with Polyfil. Stitch opening closed.
- Sew the face and any extra embellishments.
I made a whole pile of these little bunnies in all kinds of color and fabric combinations. If you think your felt bunnies will be played with a lot, I suggest using something other than felt as the felt does get dirty very easily and ball up.
Have fun and I hope you have a happy Easter!