Make your own cute, felt, mini Bunnies. These little plush rabbits are prefer for Easter but adorable all year! Make one or make a whole bunny family. This handmade Easter craft is also great as a group craft activity.
How to Make Little Felt Easter Bunnies
I made this felt craft for all the kids’ Easter baskets. They’re super easy to make and a great beginning sewing project! You can use fabric scraps and other materials to decorate to make each bunny unique!
Materials you need:
- Thread or Embroidery floss
- Fabric scraps
- Cut two pieces of felt in whatever bunny shape you are creating.
- Cut arms and ears separately. You only need one piece of felt for each arm and each ear. Stitch around each to create a sewn look.
- Stitch whatever decorations or embellishments you’d like on the front of your bunny’s belly. Do not sew the face on until the end so you can get it in proportion once the bunny is stuffed.
- Stitch together along the edge of the bunny body but leave one spot open to fill. Make sure to include the ears and arms as you stitch.
- Stuff with Polyfil. Stitch opening closed.
- Sew the face and any extra embellishments.
I made a whole pile of these little bunnies in all kinds of color and fabric combinations. If you think your felt bunnies will be played with a lot, I suggest using something other than felt as the felt does get dirty very easily and ball up.
Have fun and I hope you have a happy Easter!