Sometimes the best things come in the smallest packages, right? I think so! So today I have a fun project for you using your Cricut Explore and a note kit I designed. The Mini Love Note kit is now available in Design Space, just in time to make create and give to someone special (maybe Mom?). This is a simple card featuring a hand-written “Love” and includes little heart confetti and a coordinating envelope. There's even an extra little card to put inside the greeting card with extra love from you.
I created the example card in a pretty, textured white cardstock, but you can use any kind of cardstock you'd like. I personally love the black and white look… but that's because I think you should add your own color. I also used a black pen, but you can use the pretty silver metallic pen that comes with your machine.
To make this project
- Cricut Explore machine with Design Space Account
- Black pen for your Cricut Machine – you can use the silver that comes with the machine if you want.
- Mini Love Note project file in Design Space
Supply Tips: I tend to use hot glue, but any paper adhesive should work just fine. You can also add your own bling if you pretty to get a little more fancy. Add glitter or buttons or whatever you'd like. Really, my first choice is to use Kraft paper and cardstock. I love the look of recycled cardboard. Maybe it's all that recycled crafting I did as a kid?
- Gather your materials.
- Click this link to make Mini Love Note project file in Design Space.
- Follow on screen instructions.
This is a really fast project to make with the Cricut. The machine does all the work for you. There are some basic steps you need to do, such as pick your cardstock color, place the cardstock on the mat and insert the mat into the machine. Other than that, you should be ready to go!
10 Reasons I know you want to make this Little Love Note:
- Mother's Day (or her birthday) is on it's way and you don't have a card yet.
- You want to show your kids how much you card by leaving a little love note in their lunch box.
- Your husband could use a cute surprise once in a while.
- Your BFF is oh so special and you don't always take the time to tell her so.
- It's RAK day and you want to tell someone they are special.
- You need a reminder that you are AH-SOME.
- You're looking for something new to make with your fantastic Cricut Explore.
- You love love notes.
- You don't need the card, but confetti is your fav.
- You like my art. Thank You, I like YOU.
Get out your Cricut machine
and make something fabulous!
Ready to get started? Head on over and check out the full Mini Love Note card kit project on Cricut Design Space. I'd love to hear how you like it! Leave a comment here or hop on over to my Facebook page and share a picture of your finished project.
Insider view (aka *Nerd Alert*) : I love watching the Cricut draw the designs I've created with the pen. I feel like I'm watching myself draw.. it's kind of surreal!