When I lived in Louisiana, we drank a lot of Hurricane cocktails. It’s a delicious, classic Louisiana mixed drink. Since the kids can’t enjoy this yummy beverage, I thought I’d make a family friendly version. So today I have for you a scrumptious Hurricane Mocktail recipe. It’s super easy, oh so fruity. Add this to your Mardi Gras menu, your family will love it!
The key to this flavor combo is the passionfruit and lime. I found Passionfruit juice at my local grocery store. If you can’t find it, try a tropical fruit punch of add mango to regular fruit punch.
- Passionfruit Juice
- Clear Soda (7up or Sprite) – 16 ounces (two single serve bottles)
- 3 limes
- 2 Quart pitcher
- Pour both bottles of soda in your pitcher.
- Fill the rest of the pitcher with fruit juice.
- Squeeze the juice from one whole lime into the drink mixture.
- Add another whole lime, sliced, to the pitcher, stir to combine the ingreients.
- Allow to sit for about 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve in glasses garnished with a 1/2 of a slice of lime.
The flavor combo of Hurricane mocktails is sweet and sour goodness. The soda adds just enough bubble to make it fun. I hope you enjoy this drink recipe and Happy Mardi Gras, friends!