Who wants to make their own delicious and easy beignet bites? This girl! Join me, you can make this delicious recipe in under 30 minutes. I recently went on a trip and every night I had beignets for dessert. They are like little bites of heaven, I couldn’t get enough of them. So when I got home I was determined to learn how to make my own beignets.
Easy Beignet Bites
All the beignet recipes I looked at called for more patience than I have right now. 1-3 hours depending on the recipe because you can’t speed up the process of rising dough. SO, I’ve created a shortcut I am sharing with you today. Instead of making dough from scratch, you just need a package of crescent rolls. These beignet bites are a little different than a real beignet, but taste delicious and satisfy the craving for sure.
- 1 Package crescent rolls
- 2 Tbsp Coconut oil
- 1/4 Cup Powered sugar
- Large skillet and a spatula
- Melt the coconut oil in the skillet over medium heat. You can use another oil, but the coconut oil adds a nice extra flavor to the dough as it’s cooking.
- Unroll the crescent rolls and cut into bite sized pieces. The end point of each crescent, just fold over itself to make a rectangle.
- Place the dough pieces in the skillet and allow to brown, 45 seconds to about a minute. Flip the bits over and brown on the other side. While cooking, the dough should rise a tiny bit, making them nice and fluffy.
- Place cooked dough pieces on a paper towel to allow to cool and soak up some of the oil.
- Place on a plate and generously sprinkle with powered sugar.
- Each crescent roll makes 7-8 bites.
- This recipe should take you about 20 minutes to make.
These are so YUMMY! I had to taste test about 1/2 of my first batch just to make sure I loved them.
You could making a delicious dipping sauce or each the bites right off the plate. Serve as a little snack at your Mardi Gras party or enjoy as a dessert with a side of homemade ice cream.
Ideas for Mardi Gras
- If you want to make real, full beignets, this beignet recipe from the Food Network looks amazing.
- Make Mardi Gras decor