Make a pretty hugs and kisses XOXO necklace. This is a simple Valentine Cricut project that makes a perfect jewelry piece for yourself or a gift for someone else. Customize your necklace with your favorite adhesive foil or embellish with other sparkly accents. Learn how to make this jewelry in minutes, check out the tutorial below.
Make a XOXO Necklace with Cricut
Hugs and kisses never go out of style. This pretty necklace features XOXO word art cut with the Cricut machine, layered and then finished off with a gold adhesive foil. Add extra sparkle to this Cricut project with the holographic vinyl, or paint on layers of glitter. Make a whole series of these love charms to create a whole new look. I’ve set up a Cricut Design Space canvas to help get you started. See below for details.
- Cricut Machine
- Cricut Design Space
- XOXO necklace design space canvas
- Pink cardstock
- Gold Adhesive foil
- Mod Podge or glue
- Jewelry findings and tools – jump rings, necklace, pliers
- Safety Pin
- Follow the on-screen instructions to cut the different layers of XOXO word art from both the cardstock and adhesive foil.
- Layer cardstock and Mod Podge or glue to attach the cardstock layers together. Make sure to remove the glue from the tiny holes on each word cut. I use the point of a safety pin for this step. Press the cardstock layers together. Allow to dry.
- If you find there are glue lumps around the edges, just file them down a bit before sealing the charm.
- Apply the adhesive foil. pressing firmly to ensure it adheres well.
- Optionally seal the charm and let dry. I applied a layer of glitter nail polish first and then applied a layer of Mod Podge to seal it all.
- Using the jewelry pliers, add a jump ring through each hole in the charm and then add the necklace.
You might also like: Valentine Nail Art with Your Cricut
Also make this project: XO greeting card for Valentine’s Day
Make More fun Valentine Cricut Projects
I hope you had fun with Day 4 of Valentine ideas this week with The Country Chic Cottage and 30 Minute Crafts. All week long we’ve been featuring fun Valentine projects made with the Cricut Machine and designed by our creative friends. Take a look at Day 1 of Valentine Cricut Project Ideas!