Make Valentine gift tags with your Cricut in no time. You can make this easy I Love You Gift with Cricut in just a few steps. make one love gift tag or a whole pile. I’ve got a Design Space canvas all ready to go, just click and create! You can customize the look of this Valentine Cricut project by changing out your cutting materials, pick your favorite colors… go with glitter or a fun fabric, it’s up to you! You can also flatten the entire design piece and turn it into a variety of a print-then-cut Cricut Projects.
Easy I Love You Gift Tag with Cricut
I’ve set up a Design Space canvas for you to start easily get started making this I Love You gift tag. You can change the size and materials to fit your own needs. I used a glitter vinyl, but a glitter card stock would work great too. I used some glittery materials, but you can use what you have on-hand. The gold glitter pen is one of my favorites. If you don’t have the glitter pen, use a color you do have, black would work nicely too.
Before we get started, today I’ve partnered with some awesome creative friends to share these valentine’s Day projects with you. See below for more project inspiration and link to tutorials. All week long we’re sharing projects to get you going for Valentine’s Day.
- Cricut Machine
- Design Space account
- Variety of card stock – I used red glitter, standard pink and a silver glitter vinyl
- Gold glitter pen
- I Love You Design Space project by Jen Goode
- Follow the onscreen instructions to draw and cut each layer as needed.
- Glue the two paper layers together, aligning the heart-shaped hole at the top of the tag.
- Add the vinyl and make sure to burnish it to ensure it adheres thoroughly. I have a hard time applying vinyl, especially glitter vinyl. You can try to use the transfer tape, but the glitter tends to not want to stick to the transfer tape well. So, you might want to use another material if you also struggle (cardstock would work GREAT) or carefully remove and apply each vinyl cut piece. If you have tips for using transfer tape, I’d love to hear about it!
- Add a ribbon or twine to the tag hole and attach the tag to the gift as you’d like. You can use the back of the tag to write a message to your someone special.
Alternatively, you can just tie the two cardstock cutouts together instead of using glue. Add in your own embellishments, charms and fun accents to personal these valentines tags.
You can use this fun Valentine’s Day Cricut project to create all kinds of personalized tags or use the pieces to make other project types. Change the colors, materials and even the wording!
The I Love You word are is my own handwriting designed as a single cut design available in Design Space. So for now, there is no font to edit. However, there are a ton of fun fonts available in Cricut Design Space that you can use. I’d love to hear which font is your favorite. As a fun side note, you can use this word art with your Cricut pen to add hand-drawn accents to other love themed projects!
Make more Valentine’s Day Projects with your Cricut
I’ve teamed up some of my favorite creative friends to share all kinds of Valentine Cricut projects with you. My co-hosts are The Country Chic Cottage and 30 Minute Crafts and we’re featuring fun project ideas all week. Today is Day 1, so make sure to stop back by to see all the creative fun. Check out all the DIY Valentine fun below!