When you are craving a little pizza, but wanting to stay healthy, this pizza inspired english muffin pizza treat might just do the trick. It’s quick and easy to make and full of light and delicious flavor. You can add your own extra flavors such as grilled chicken, spinach or just about any other topping you’d like. The english muffins have a nice subtle crunch after baking – I like the variety of texture and flavor combos. This makes a great recipe for lunch, a snack or even a party bite.
- Whole wheat english muffin
- Feta cheese crumbles
- Grape tomatoes (or other small tomatoes)
- Parmesan cheese
How to make english muffin pizzas
- Pre-heat the oven at 350 degree.
- Cut each half of the english muffin into 3 pieces and place on a cookie sheet. 1 english muffin should yield 6 individual pieces.
- Cut tomatoes into 2-4 piece depending on size. I sliced the grape tomatoes in half for this batch.
- On each piece of bread, sprinkle feta, tomatoes and parmesan.
- Top with your favorite seasoning. I used an italian veggie pre-mixed spice.
- Pop the pan into the oven and bake for about 10 minutes or until the bread is slightly toasted. The cheese, for the most part, will not appear to melt.
- Let cool a few minutes and then enjoy.
This is a really tasty treat packed with good for you food goodness. You can also add a sauce if you’d like, however, I prefer the crunch of the muffin mixed with melty feta cheese. I think, if you want to serve this as a little party treat or appetizer, cut each bread strip in half so you end up with about 12 bite sized pieces per muffin. I’d love to hear if you create this and any changes you make.