When you need a healthy snack or a quick and easy meal idea, grilled tortillas to the rescue! This Spinach Mushroom and Feta Grilled Tortilla is a goto in my house. It’s full of yummy flavor, really simple to make and is a pretty good choice as far as eating well goes. Some might call this a quesadilla, but because it’s not loaded with melty, ooey gooey, delicious cheese, I like to call it a grilled tortilla. This is a great recipe to customize with your own favorite flavors too.
Spinach Mushroom and Feta Grilled Tortilla
You can change up the ingredients for this yummy grilled tortilla, however you’d like. I love the combination of feta cheese with mild spinach and mushrooms. You can add in salsa or load it up with seasonings if you’d like. You can also add in eggs or meat if you prefer.
- 2 flour tortillas
- Handful of fresh spinach
- 2-4 sliced fresh mushrooms
- Sliced tomatoes – I used small, yellow, grape tomatoes
- 1-2 Tbsp feta cheese
- Place one tortilla on a skillet on medium heat. I like to use a stove top gill pan, mostly because the tortilla is easier to remove and the finished piece has pretty grill marks on it. You can use a standard skillet or griddle if you prefer.
- Add spinach, mushrooms and tomatoes and then sprinkle on feta. Top with 2nd tortilla. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until the bottom tortilla begins to brown.
- Flip and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from skillet and slice into portions.
You can share or each it all yourself.
If you prefer a melty tortilla with delicious cheese, I recommend provolone or sharp cheddar. Add the cheese to the bottom layer and then again at the top before adding the second tortilla. This will allow the tortilla to stick to the melted cheese.
How would you customize this grilled tortilla recipe with your own favorite flavors?
More easy recipe ideas
Here are some of my favorite recipes to try if you like quick and easy goodness.