You can act like a pirate or play like a pirate, either way, get ready to get crafty like a pirate. Dig out the scissors and the string and make your own pirate eye patch with this fun set of pirate printables. September 19th is Talk Like a Pirate Day, so why not dress like one too? Or at least dress up one eye.
This fun pirate printable comes with 1 large eye patch and 2 smaller eye patches (for your little friends). There’s also 2 versions of the eye patch, 1 with a pirate skull and cross bones and one without. Your kids can play pirate and even bring their stuffie friends or 18″ doll – Arrrr! Pirate fun everywhere.
You can use these pirate printables for make-believe play costumes, pirate themed birthday parties, Halloween costumes or whatever activity you’d like. The smaller eye patches are great for boys and girls to dress up their toy friends with a pirate eye patch too! Decorate a room with the printable pirate flag for more pirate fun!
To make a pirate eye patch:
- Download the printable pirate eye patch file and print.
- Cut out the eyepatch shape.
- Punch a hole at each of the top corners of the eye patch.
- Cut a string long enough to tie around your hear, add 6″ and cut in half. Tie one a string through each hole of the eye patch.
- Tie around your head and start talking like a pirate!
Ideas to make a pirate flag:
You can hang the pirate flag a number of different ways. Now matter how you want to display the flag, start by downloading the printable pirate flag file and print.
Cut out the flag shape. Choose one of the options below to display your flag however you’d like.
- Tape the flag to the wall or window.
- Punch a hole at the top and bottom of the left side of the flag. tie strings through the holes and attach strings to whatever material you want to hang it from.
- Print out multiple flags and create a banner by attaching the flags to a string and hang across a play area or fence.
- Tape the left side of the flag to a stick or dowel to use as a handheld flag.
- You can even print the flag (in reverse) on a printable iron on transfer and make a fabric flag if you’d like.
About the wrinkles… Note: Each pirate printable also has a wrinkled kind of texture to add a bit of an “old and worn” look. Don’t worry, you’re printer isn’t broken, the wrinkles are meant to be there!
Download the pirate flag
Download the pirate eye patch with crossbones
Download the pirate eye patch without crossbones
ARRRggg! Have fun mateys!