Create all kinds of Holiday projects and Easy Winter Crafts with this multiple layer Snowflake SVG Cut File. Learn how to make a handmade card, gift tag or ornament. Use this SVG file to make your own customized Christmas Cricut Projects.
There are so many winter holiday craft ideas you can DIY with this snowflake art. Today I'll show you how to make a card with a keepsake ornament too.
How to use a Snowflake SVG Cut File to make an easy DIY winter card
While you can make a variety of holiday projects with this cut file, today O'll show you how to make a quick card and keepsake ornament. You can change out the colors and materials to fit your own style.
- Cricut Maker cutting machine and Cricut Access
- Snowflake SVG file by Jen Goode
- Light blue felt
- Holographic iron-on vinyl
- White glitter iron-on vinyl
- Iron or EasyPress
How to make Snowflake decor with your Cricut
- Before we begin… Upload the snowflake SVG file to Cricut Design Space.
First, let's make the ornament/gift tag.
- Resize the design to 3″ wide, ungroup the layers and hide all the draw lines.
- Set the background layer for the blue felt.
- Set the detailed top layer design for holographic iron-on.
- Set the leaf shape details for white glitter iron-on vinyl.
- Follow on-screen instructions to cut the different layers.
- Cut a piece of twine at least 10″ long. Place twine on the blue felt near the top of one of the snowflake arms.
- Iron-on the holographic iron-on vinyl, making sure the twine is between the felt and the vinyl when you press it.
- Iron the white glitter vinyl in place.
- Tie the twine into a little bow at the top of the snowflake. Tie a knot at the end of the twine to create a hanging loop for you ornament or gift tag.
Now let's make the card.
- Cut out a small card and envelope set.
- Cut a piece of silver glitter vinyl to fit the front of the card. Place the vinyl on the front of the card.
- Using a hole punch or tool, poke a hole in the front of the card.
- Place the ornament on the front of the card and secure into place by pulling the twine knot through card hole and tape in place inside the card.
Take a look at this Snowflake Crafts video
Check out this quick video to see some of the different projects you can create with this cut file.
More Snowflake Cricut Crafting Ideas
You can decorate the inside of the card with snowflake drawing art with your Cricut if you'd like too. Customize your holiday cards with text, different pen art and different materials. Go for classic blue and white or make snowflakes in some of the fun brights like pink, gold and lime green. And my favorite part about this project… it coordinates with my 3 Snowflakes design set available in Cricut Design Space. Get it here.
More Snowflake Craft Ideas
More winter craft ideas you can create with this file
- Greeting cards, Thank You cards and notecards and stationery
- Gift Tags
- Ornaments and Keepsakes
- Winter wall art
- Party invitations
- Coloring pages
- Winter decor accents – think mugs, party glasses and table cards
- Party decor, garland, cupcake toppers
and so much more. I'd love to hear what YOU create!