Looking for ideas to ask that special someone to prom? Here are some quick and easy Prom Proposal Ideas you can make. There are so many cute ways to ask a girl (or guy) to prom. You can go all out, get fancy, or create something sweet and simple. No matter how you do it, just getting that question out there is the important part. Today I’ll show you some quick and easy craft ideas you can customize with your own style.
Prom Proposal Ideas You Can Make
I’ll show you how to make a quick word art design that you can use for all kinds of DIY Prom proposal ideas. Make your word art and then add it to a special treat of your choice – that’s all you need. Then, surprise your dream date with the gift you’ve made.
- Cricut machine and Cricut Design Space
- Prom word art DS canvas
- Card Stock
- Adhesive foil (You can use another cardstock color if you don’t have the foil)
- Small Skewer or toothpick – depending on project size
- Start with the Cricut Design Space canvas I’ve already set up for you. Follow the on-screen instructions to cut out each layer of the word art.
- Adhere the cutout layers together. If you’re using the foil (or vinyl), transfer tape is handy for moving the word from the backing. If you’re using just cardstock, glue the layers together.
- Glue your skewer/toothpick to the back of the word art. Allow to dry.
Here are a few prom asking ideas
Use your “Prom?” word art and create a fun prom proposal that is unique to you. These are just a few ways to ask a girl (or boy) to prom. You can change up any of this suggestions to create your own fun prom asking idea. Think of making one or making 10… or more. How big of a presentation do you want?
First, let’s talk about how to ask someone to prom
Asking your dream date to prom, or even your best friend, doesn’t have to be complicated. The most important thing is that you ask. Here are a few things to think about to make that prom proposal something special.
Personalize your presentation – no matter what you do to ask the question, make it something personalized for the person you are asking. Think of things like favorite colors, favorite quotes or lyrics or maybe something you have in common.
Dont wait to long – make sure you ask someone to prom with time to plan. Try not to wait until the last minute. No one likes to rush to get ready and prom is full of opportunities to do special things like pikcing out a great outfit, making dinner reservations, etc. Leave time for that fun.
Timing is important – whether you want to make your prom ask a public event or something quite and personal, think of the person you are asking and what they would enjoy. A super shy girl may not want a giant announcement in the middle of 2nd period. While a guy that likes to be on stage may enjoy a balloon bouquet to arrive in the middle of lunch.
Leave time to answer – Make sure to set up a situation that allows your dream date to answer you within their own comfort level. Some people will answer right away no matter who is watching and some people prefer a quiet conversation.
Asking someone to prom should be fun for you both. While you might be excited and maybe a little nervous, the most important part is that you ask the question. The rest will take care of itself and youll have a fabulous time at Prom!
Prom Proposal Ideas you can make in minutes
- Make a single cupcake and decorate with fancy candies. We went with gold because our school colors are black and gold.
- Add pretty Prom word art to a bouquet or your dream date’s favorite flowers.
- Add the “Prom?” inside a box of delicious treats, chocotate or other candies.
- Attach “Prom?” to a balloon or balloon bouquet.
- Make a whole bunch of “Prom?” cut outs and stick them all over your dream date’s locker.
End of the school year Ideas
Prom is just one of the fantastic things happening at the end of every school year. This entire week I’ve been partnering with other creative bloggers to share DIY end of school year projects, perfect for all kinds of events. Check out the ideas everyone is sharing.