Make your own cards with word art designs. Create your own hand lettering or use pre-designed word art to DIY your own cards in minutes. Today I’ll show you how you can put together cards you can create with just the right message.
Make your own word art cards
You can make word art cards, literally in minutes, using Cricut Design Space. In just 3 easy steps, you can make all kinds of cards that can be printed and then cut to whatever designs you’d like.
Don’t worry, if you don’t have a Cricut machine, I have more ideas below!
With today’s project I’m including an SVG, printable card and coloring page all featuring this word art design. See the download links below.
You will need:
- Cricut Machine and Cricut Design Space
- Scoring tool
- Word art – download below
This simple card is just a 3 step Cricut project:
- Choose the card cut you’d like to use.
- Choose your word art design. For this card, I used the free word art that you can download below and then I uploaded it to Cricut Design Space.
- Flatten the card and word art together and then send to the cutting mat.
Cricut Design Space will then direct you to choose the tools you want to use and when to cut.
If you have a Cricut Joy cutting machine, see the additional project option ideas below.
More tips: In Cricut Design Space you can also set the card cut out to print with a pattern. This is an awesome feature that allows you to use just a plain white cardstock to make fun, colorful cards!
More easy card options with your Cricut
Of course, you can get much more complex with your card designs. Instead of printing this design, you can cut it out of paper, cardstock or vinyl. You could choose to use a pen with your Cricut machine and draw the design and then color it by hand. Or maybe cut from an iron-on pattern vinyl and iron the design to the card.
If you’re looking for more word art ideas. I have two new sets available in Cricut Design Space. Here’s a sneak peek…
To find these art designs, you can purchase this month’s Cricut Mystery Box. Or, look for them in the Cricut Access account in late April, early May.
Make a printed word art card using Cricut Design Space
Check out all the new word art options and a quick video demonstrating how to create a simple printed card using Cricut Design Space.
No Cricut machine? No Problem
You can also make cards with your printer or draw or write by hand. You don’t need a ton of materials. You can use coloring pages or printed designs to create pretty cards. Or you can also create wordart online or even on your phone and then print out the designs to create a card.
In addition to the free SVG file, I’m including a printable card you can simple print and fold. I am also including a coloring page with the same word art that you can print at 25% of the size to create a color card!
More Handmade Card ideas
Here are even more ideas of easy cards you can create. Here is a selection of my own DIY Cards to make at home that you can create. Or, check out these 9 fabulous cards created by some of my favorite creative friends.
- Thoughtful Printable Cards – 30 Minute Crafts
- Printable Quarantine Cards – Hey Let’s Make Stuff
- Easy Handmade Word Art Cards – 100 Directions
- Printable Thinking of You Card – Pineapple Paper Co.
- Happy Mail – Everyday Party Magazine
- Coloring Page Cards – The Country Chic Cottage
- Coloring Page Happy Mail – Mad in Crafts
- “Hi” Cricut Cards with Vinyl Stickers – Hello Creative Family
- Coloring Notecards – Happy Go Lucky
It’s so much fun to great real mail… you know, that isn’t a bill or a pile of coupons we don’t need. So next time you are looking for a project to create, consider making a quick and easy card and send it to someone special!