Add a pretty little handmade accent to any room with this easy wall art you can make in minute. I've design a new cut for you to to create with. This pretty Dream Big hand lettered art with hanging stars will make a inspirational art piece you can definitely share. I was thinking about the new year and goals and “Dream Big” kept coming to mind. So this design is for you, my friend so we can all remember to reach a little further and go for what we want. This Dream Big cut design can be used for all kinds of Cricut projects from art creations, cards or other fun accents.
Dream Big – Easy Wall Art You Can Make in Minutes
This wall art is so easy to create, the Cricut machine does most of the work for you. I created a watercolor style background (I'll show you how too), but you can use any kind of background paper or design you'd like. All you need is the Dream Big cut file and a picture frame to put it in.
- Paper – white for cutting
- Paper – shiney/varnished for watercolor
- Watercolor art – see note below for details
- Tombow markers
- Paint brush
- Picture frame – I used a 9×12″ frame
To make the watercolor art
- I used a gift bag from Altar'd State, a pretty little boutique shop at my local mall. the bag has an embossed pattern on it, so creating the watercolor look was extra simple. You'll need a paper with a bit of a slick surface to get this look from markers. Otherwise you can just paint on watercolor paper with standard watercolor paints. To create the watercolor look
- Color on the coated (shiney) paper with the markers. Loosely layer colors on top of each other. Take a paint brush and liberally brush water over the marker coloring. Blot with a paper towel is needed. Allow to dry.
- For an easier background, use wrapping paper or a patterned paper that you cut to size to fit your frame.
To complete the Dream Big wall art
- Cut the Dream Big design with your cutting machine. I used my Cricut Maker, but any of the Cricut Explore machines will work too. I've set up a Cricut Design Space canvas ready to go, just click and go cut.
- Place the cut design on top of your background paper and frame. That's it!
- You can cut the design smaller to use for cards or cut larger for vinyl wall designs.