When you need a last minute gift for a BFF, Cricut to the rescue! You can make this DIY Unicorn and Rainbows BFF Shirt in about 30 minutes. Make 2 while you're add it and the best friends can be twins for a day! This is another Cricut project that's perfect to give as a gift or keep for yourself.
DIY Unicorn and Rainbows BFF Shirt
Unicorn shirt design was a request from my daughter for one of her BFFs. We didn't have enough time to draw our own design, so I logged into Cricut Design space, picked a font and a couple designs and voila! A design was ready to go in about 15 minutes. I saved my canvas so you can create this exact same t-shirt design if you'd like.
- T-shirt – we picked up this cute shirt at Target
- Cricut machine
- Cricut Design Space
- Unicorn and Rainbows design – I've already set this up for you here
- Vinyl in a variety of colors or finishes. We used a gold and a silver glitter and a holographic sparkle design.
- Towel (for ironing)
- Parchment paper
- Visit the Cricut Design Space canvas to view the design.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to cut out the different vinyl pieces.
- Put the towel on your ironing surface. I don't use an ironing board, I use a towel instead. You may skip this step if you have a proper ironing surface.
- Lay the design out on the shirt how you'd like it. Make sure you don't have any vinyl overlapping plastic from another layer.
- Iron as required by the vinyl instructions.
- Carefully remove the plastic from the vinyl.
- Place parchment paper on design and iron a little bit more if needed. I do this if it looks like the vinyl didn't quite adhere as permanently as I'd like. You can skip this step if you'd like.
Make thisDIY Unicorn and Rainbows BFF Shirt yourself! Go to the pre-set canvas to get started. Unicorn Shirt design – Cricut Canvas
We found that the glitter vinyls looked really great on light colored shirts. However, the text does stand out better on the aqua shirt and the gray shirts we made.
Because this is a Cricut Canvas design in Cricut Design Space, you can change the font or the designs and move thing around however you'd like. Make sure to measure the shirt you are using and resize the design on screen as needed.
I hope you have fun making your own DIY Unicorn and Rainbows BFF shirts. I'd love to see them if you try this project. Stop by the 100 Directions Facebook page and share a picture!