Today I’m sharing how I made this DIY Pretty Colored Hanging Pendant Light. I used Purple, pink, and lavender to match my daughter’s bedroom decor. You, however can pick any color you like, this is a really versatile project you can make in just under an hour.
Back in January I went to the annual Craft and Hobby Association trade show. While there, I attended the Favecrafts Blogger event and as part of this event I was sent a big box of goodies to get creative with. I have never used chicken wire to create any DIY projects, so I wanted that to be my first material to try. Lucky for me M-D Craft and Hobby also sent me some metal working gloves…. Oh the fun ahead. When crafting doesn’t hurt, amazing things will happen! No wire poking with these gloves, so I was able to use my hands to bend and twist and tie together all the ends to make this Pendant Light.
DIY Pretty Colored Hanging Pendant Light
- Chicken Wire from M-D Hobby & Craft
- Pink, Purple and Lavender Olyfun from Fairfield
- White Pull Flowers from Little B
- Metal working gloves from M-D Hobby & Craft
- Wire cutters
- Aleene’s Tacky Glue from iLovetoCreate
- Make a cylinder with the chicken wire.
- Add a top to the cylinder using chicken wire.
- Cut Olyfun into 2″ strips. Glue together, along the long side, to create a single long sheet.
- Place lights inside the wire cylinder. Pull the plug through the top. pull individual lights through the wire, or use wire ties to tie into place.
- Wrap Olyfun color sheet around the cylinder and glue ends together.
- Cut 1 strip of Pull Flowers into 3 pieces. Make 3 flowers. Tie a knot at the end of the threads.
- Tie the flowers to the end of the cylinder.
- Hang and enjoy.
Optionally – add extra embellishments to the pendant light to decorate in your own style.
Don’t forget to CLICK HERE to VOTE, I’d love your support!