Use your Cricut machine to create pretty paper lace. Then make this DIY Paper Lace Rainbow Flower Lampshade to add a pop of color to your home decor! This is a fun Cricut project that you can customize with your own favorite colors. I love creating the lace look with paper. There's no sewing and you can use a wide range of colors or patterned papers.
DIY Paper Lace Rainbow Flower Lampshade
This project takes a little bit of time to create the lace look. Go slow and don't add too much glue and you'll have a beautiful decor piece to enjoy all year long!
I started out with paper ribbons at the top and bottom of the lampshade with the intent of including them in the design. However, once I had all the flowers in place, I thought the shade looked prettier without the border pieces so I am suggesting you remove them too.
- Cricut Explore™ and Lampshade Make-it-now project
- Cricut Design Space™ software
- Flower cut outs and heart accessories designed by Jen Goode
- 12″ x 12″ StandardGrip Cricut® mat
- Cardstock in a rainbow of colors
- Cut 3-5 copies of the flower and heart shapes following onscreen instructions.
- Add a ribbon of paper around the top of the lampshade. Add a second ribbon of paper around the bottom of the lampshade. Do not adhere to the lampshade, these are guides that you will remove these when the project is fully assembled.
- Starting at the top of the shade, add flowers, applying glue to the edges and then layering. Repeat until you’ve covered the entire share. Use a toothpick to apply glue to small spaces. If you’d like the shade to be removable, make sure not to glue flowers to shade.
- Remove the ribbons of paper so the remaining design is all flower lace.
Tip: So removal is easier, do not over-glue the top and bottom pieces that touch the paper ribbon.
I'd love to hear if you make this paper lace lampshade too. Did you use the same colors or did you change it up a little? Tell me about it!