For those of you that love Disney and drawing and maybe even your Cricut machine, I have a super fun project for you today! It's a hidden Mickey t-shirt you can make yourself. About a year ago I was heading to Walt Disney World with the whole family and I was trying to come up with some fun DIY projects we could make for our trip. I made a Mickey Mouse head template using my Cricut Explore an then drew in fun details using fabric markers. Here's a tutorial for this the drawing and fun Cricut project you can follow to make your own fun Disney shirt, I'm also including a link to the Cricut template so you don't even have to design your own. Let's make some fun Disney gear today!
Disney hidden Mickey t-shirt
Because this is a completely DIY t-shirt design, you can customize it however you'd like. Pick your favorite colors, add fabric glitter, just draw in black and white… whatever you'd like!
- Cricut Explore™
- Cricut Design Space™ software
- Mickey Head template – Cricut Design Space canvas
- 12″ x 12″ StandardGrip Cricut® mat
- Cardstock – your choices of colors
- Fabric markers – I use Tulip Dual-tip Fabric Markers… LOVE THEM!
- Cut the template from cardstock
- Place the template on the t-shirt and trace all of the Mickey heads using the fine point of the fabric marker. Move the template across the t-shirt, using the template to line up the heads for each new line. I also alternated in additional Mickey head lines by overlapping the template. Look at the shirt design for reference.
- Once you have all the heads traced where you want them, go back in and darken the lines.
- Add in your own doodle embellishments and decorations for each Mickey head. I made each one different so my son could have fun finding all the different designs.
- Follow instructions for markers to set the ink is necessary.
Looking for more DIY Disney projects? I have a few to share with you…
- Personalize Water Bottles with Disney and Cricut
- DIY Disney Jewelry with Cricut and Free Rainbow Printable
- Make a Pretty Tshirt from a Big Brother shirt – Disney Style
You can find even more Disney fun right here.