For those of you that love Disney and drawing and maybe even your Cricut machine, I have a super fun project for you today! It's a hidden Mickey t-shirt you can make yourself. About a year ago I was heading to Walt Disney World with the whole family and I was trying to come up with some fun DIY projects we could make for our trip. I made a Mickey Mouse head template using my Cricut Explore an then drew in fun details using fabric markers. Here's a tutorial for this the drawing and fun Cricut project you can follow to make your own fun Disney shirt, I'm also including a link to the Cricut template so you don't even have to design your own. Let's make some fun Disney gear today!
Disney hidden Mickey t-shirt
Because this is a completely DIY t-shirt design, you can customize it however you'd like. Pick your favorite colors, add fabric glitter, just draw in black and white… whatever you'd like!
- Cricut Explore™
- Cricut Design Space™ software
- Mickey Head template – Cricut Design Space canvas
- 12″ x 12″ StandardGrip Cricut® mat
- Cardstock – your choices of colors
- Fabric markers – I use Tulip Dual-tip Fabric Markers… LOVE THEM!
If you have a Cricut Explore: Start with the Mickey Head template I've created.
- Cut the template from cardstock
- Place the template on the t-shirt and trace all of the Mickey heads using the fine point of the fabric marker. Move the template across the t-shirt, using the template to line up the heads for each new line. I also alternated in additional Mickey head lines by overlapping the template. Look at the shirt design for reference.
- Once you have all the heads traced where you want them, go back in and darken the lines.
- Add in your own doodle embellishments and decorations for each Mickey head. I made each one different so my son could have fun finding all the different designs.
- Follow instructions for markers to set the ink is necessary.
Looking for more DIY Disney projects? I have a few to share with you…
- Personalize Water Bottles with Disney and Cricut
- DIY Disney Jewelry with Cricut and Free Rainbow Printable
- Make a Pretty Tshirt from a Big Brother shirt – Disney Style
You can find even more Disney fun right here.
4 thoughts on “Disney Hidden Mickey T-shirt DIY”
Such a great DIY design! I will be going with family to Disney next Summer, this will definitely be something we do.
Yay! How fun, family t-shirt doodling day. I’d love to see how they turn out!
This is such a great idea! I’m a fellow Disney nerd here 🙂 and Cricut Explore owner!
I love that it’s hand-drawn and that there are some unique designs in there. It reminds me of the different Mickey head pins you can find at WDW. Each one with a different theme. It also looks like a unique Disney shirt that I would find on Etsy, but now I can make it so much cheaper! Thanks for this idea!
I’m so glad you like it.. this t-shirt was so fun to create. The kids helped brainstorm different patterns and designs as it progressed. If you make your own, stop back by and let me know, I’d love to see your creation!