Crafting with fabric adds a whole new dimension to your diy projects. Today I’m sharing a great list of crafts to make with fabric and fiber materials to inspire your next crafty adventure. You don’t have to sew to be able to add some fabric or fiber material into a craft. You can use scraps or recycle old clothing. Check out all these great craft projects shared by some of my creative pals.
I don’t do much with yarn except tie things up. I’ve tried knitting and crochet and they aren’t strong skills of mine. However, sewing, I love! I like to sew by hand and I like to sew with a machine. Now, my daughter is starting to sew – that’s really fun to watch as she learns new techniques. I also really enjoy using fabrics, yarns and threads in different mixed media projects. From colleges to wall decor signs, there’s always room to add a little fiber!
This is a round up of ideas I am featuring for National Craft Month. All month long I’d been coordinating with other creative friends to share fun ideas you can make. Check out the great list of craft project inspiration.
Crafts to Make with Fabric and Fiber
The cool thing about fabric and fiber crafts is how many materials there are available to add into your crafts. You can use all kinds of fabric, yarn, threads and whatever other fiber related material in between. You can sew, knit, stitch, crochet and a wide variety of other techniques. You can also simply grab some materials and glue and make some mixed media art, the options are truly only limited to your own creativity!
Take a look at these project ideas and go make something today!
- Burlap Wall Art with Wood Cutout from The Country Chic Cottage
- No Sew Butterfly and Bunny Hoop Art from Albion Gould
- Zipper Yoga Mat from Condo Blues
- Cute Baby Bibs from Ann Makes
- 15 Minute Reversible Placemats from Rae Gun Ramblings
- Bobble Stripe Crochet Dish Clothes from 5 Little Monsters
- Spring Sampler Infinity Scarf from Underground Crafter
- Stitched Bracelets from Craft Swag
- Eyelash Yarn Crochet Pouch from Try it Like it
- Easter Egg Placemat from A Sweet Berry
More Craft ideas to Make with Fabric and Fiber
What do you think, which one will you try? I’d love to hear if you have a favorite fabric or fiber related craft.