This crafty idea is sponsored by Wayfair. This project is my original creation.
Do you ever look at the blank gift bags and wonder what to do with them? Sometimes I just add a ribbon and call it good. What about decorating gift bags with coloring pages? All those pretty coloring pages you've spent hours coloring deserve some attention, right? You can use them to decorate your gift bags and cards and send them off to a new home for someone else to enjoy! This paper craft project is easy to create and fun to share with friends and family.. let's do it!
These pretty gift bags are part of a challenge (Craft Do Over) hosted by Wayfair! I was challenged to remake one of my first DIY tutorials. This Quick and easy handmade gift bags and tags was one of the first and I thought it would be perfect for showing you a new twist on a classic project.
Decorating Gift Bags with Coloring Pages
Whether you have a pile of colored coloring pages, or you are looking for a reason to color another page, this is an easy project you can make. You can create these pretty gift bags for friends, family or even to share with others looking for pretty gift bags. You don't need many supplies, just pretty colored images and some gift bags. This is also a great project to incorporate old gift bags you've been saving to reuse.
- Gift bag – old or new, plain or decorated already
- Coloring pages – pre-colored – flower coloring page
- Glue stick
- Decide if you want to cover the gift bag completely, or decorate with cut out coloring page pieces.
- Cut the coloring page to fit, or cut out the pieces you'd like to use.
- Use the gluestick to apply the coloring page to the gift bag. You can use other adhesive types, however, I have found the glue stick sticks the quickest and dries quickly without leaving any glue lumps inbetween the paper layers. You want to make sure to get a full coverage of adhesive so the coloring page doesn't peel off.
That's it! You can add extra embellishments if you'd like. Add some glitter, buttons or ribbon to add some dimension to your gift bags.
You can grab the above coloring page for free. Download this flower coloring page here.
For smaller gift bags, try cutting out a single image from the coloring page and using it as a focus image on the tiny bag.
Now that you're feeling crafty, check out some of these great goodies from Wayfair. You can find all kinds of crafty goodness! Check out the Arts and Crafts Supplies and get organized with baskets, bins, boxes and buckets.
Tip: If you have extra pieces of the coloring pages, you can also make cute little gift tags. Just cut them down to gift tag size, add a ribbon and voila! How many gift bags are you going to redux now? I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. I'd love to hear what you like to do with your coloring pages!
2 thoughts on “Decorating Gift Bags with Coloring Pages”
Those are beautiful!! Talk about gift wrap that would mean so much more! I love it!