Crafting Happiness, what's that supposed to mean? Creating happiness, planning happiness… or happy to craft.. what are you saying Jen??! Today it's the happiness of crafting, or creating happiness because you're crafting. Before you moan in agony or tell me you're not creative at all, or you don't like crafting, just hold on. HOLD ON! You're reading this aren't you? You can get creative and I KNOW there are projects you can make and be proud of. So let's do this!
March is National Craft Month. All month long I am going to share all kinds of crafty fun projects with you designed and created by all kinds of fun creative people. We're going to have fun! I'll share kids crafts, family crafts, big girl crafts and maybe even some kind of crappy crafts (aka craft fails). There's no excuse… you're going to want to jump in!
I DARE YOU, get ready to start
For 31 days I am going to share projects with you, so you have 31 days to try something new. Try a new tool, a new technique, a new project or HEY, just try something. I want to hear about it! I want to hear what you love or what you hate about crafting. I want to know what inspires you to get crafty… I'm all ears! To help get you started, I've got a pile of reasons you should be using that creative mojo. Whether you have a blooming talent for hot glue, or are terrified of it, there's got to be something you're just aching to try. Let me give you 26 other reasons to get out that creative cape and start trying to fly… If you're a little nervous about your expertise in Creativity, or maybe you aren't sure what that means… check out these 107 ways to Inspire Creativity.
31 Reasons for Crafting Happiness
- Crafting is about making something. Not making something perfect.
- Crafting is broad reaching there are no age, gender, ethnicity nor religious restrictions (that I know of), everyone can get involved!
- You can craft with anything from glitter and glue to toilet paper roles and old tennis balls.
- Crafting with friends is a laughing fit just waiting to happen.
- Crafting and Serendipity are synonymous.
- There are no design rules. You can use all the same color or make everything mis-matched.
- You could make something completely different every week and end up with 52 happiness creations by the end of the year.
- There's something magical that happens when you make an old worn out “thing” pretty and new again. We call this Upcycling.
- Handmade gifts are the best gifts of all.
- You can craft with kids and they'll thing you are a super hero – glue gun queen extraordinaire!
- Mix and match all kinds of things and you'll be a pro at mixed-media. That's crafting and art too!
- Glitter is nearly a requirement of crafting (unless you are allergic).
- How can you not smile with gold paint nearby?
- Crafting is art that doesn't always create master skills to create something that you can hold and share and give and enjoy.
- The sense of accomplishment you can achieve from making something with your own two hands can be physically healing and absolutely happiness creating.
- What you create doesn't have to look anything like what anyone else creates.
- If you can knit, you are my hero!
- Sewing your kid's clothes is amazing talent, sewing a greeting card together is beautiful.
- Everyone can learn to make something.
- Paint and glue is a lot of fun, especially when mixed together.
- How many goop or slime recipes have you tried? I'm pretty sure that's a fundamental science of crafting.
- Cupcake decorating qualifies as edible crafting – what's better than eating what you just created?
- You can make money from crafts.
- You can teach someone else to make something and then you'll both feel great.
- When you need some down time, there's nothing better letting your imagination take over and letting your heart create.
- If you don't love it, tear it apart and use it again.
- Rarely are there big mistakes in crafting… and usually a mistake can just be painted or glued over.
- Crafting is great for adding your own personal touch to your home decor.
- Craft parties are awesome – everyone gets a princess crown!
- The $4 cereal boxes and wine corks just got more valuable.
- It doesn't matter how you make it, it only matters what you make and how it makes you feel.
Get Creative and Start Crafting!
How about some actual How To Craft Inspiration to get those creative ideas flowing? Here are collections of project ideas you can create…
[justified_image_grid thumbs_spacing=20 row_height=220 limit=0 aspect_ratio=1:1 recent_posts=yes recents_tags=”craft-month-features”]
Now that you are thoroughly inspired and ready to get going… let's get you some project ideas shall we? Here you can find all kinds of craft project tutorials and ideas:
So what are you waiting for? Get going and start Crafting Happiness! Don't forget to stop back by and tell me all about it! You can also hop over to the 100Directions Facebook page to share.
3 thoughts on “31 Reasons for Crafting Happiness”
I have to move this month, but I intend to get heavy into crafting after I get settled, and it is part of my happiness plan. Sure, I hope to make money from it, but I really want to make things again. I love the way it feels to create something. I’m also going to be doing a lot of upcycling. Money’s tight after a move, and I have all sorts of fun plans to make our meager possessions look cool and come together for a happy home. I’m also going to be trying new techniques and dig up some old ones too.
I think what you’re doing here is great. It always makes me sad when people claim to not be crafty or creative. There’s always something that you can do and love, even the guys! My hubby is even going to be getting in on the crafting with me this year. It turns out, he’s fantastic at brick stitch bead weaving and he wants to try his hand at miniatures. 🙂
I love that you shared this message today Briana… or more that I read it today. You really made my day!! I really appreciate your kinds words. I can’t wait to hear what you make… happy Moving!!
Thank you, and you’re welcome.:)
I’ll be sharing my new creations/adventures on my blog after we settle, and I’ll be sure to drop you a comment.
I can’t wait to get crafting!