This year I decided to run with a candy heart theme for my Valentine DIY projects. Instead of focusing on the decor projects, I thought it would be fun for the kids to make their own Valentine’s Day cards for their friends too. Usually we’ll use pre-made cards and add our own personal touch, but this time, I made art printouts so we could make fun cards using my own art doodles. Today, I’m going to show you how to make your own… and yes, you can include my art doodles too – yippie!
- Candy Heart Valentine Art printable by Jen Goode
- Colored card stock (optional)
- Adhesive – I used my Xyron 900
- Other extras like fancy cut scissors, glitter, buttons, etc.
I used a variety of extras to dress up the cards I made. As shown in the photos, I used different colored buttons from Buttons Galore and More. I also used various sparkly accents from ClearSnap including Smooch Spritz (Vanilla Shimmer) and Glitter (Winter Frost). Consider using ribbon, markers, brads… whatever makes you happy and adds that special touch you’re looking for.
Make your own Candy Heart Valentine’s Day cards
- Download and print out the Valentine art pages on white card stock. lain white paper would work fine too.
- Run each sheet of paper through the Xyron so you create stickers out of the art pieces.
- Cut out each piece you’d like to use.
- Remove the sticker backing paper and adhere in place.
Ta Da! That’s it… except for any fancy personalizing or extras you want to do. You can make a complete Valentine with just the art print outs. Use the background doodles as the main card piece and then cut out different candy hearts with the color circle or without and stick it where you want it to go. The background doodles also have some strips of pattern art that you can use as borders and extra accents.
Note: Don’t fear if you don’t have a Xyron – you can still make this project. Yes, you can use (dare I say it) another adhesive. However, the Xyron makes it super easy to create this as a stick-n-go project.. no glue drying mess. Great for little helpers! (You’ll want to be on hand to help remove the backing paper.)
Need more ink to print those great printables? Check out the HPInstant Ink Program