We aren’t all glitter and coloring pages around here. We can’t just make pretty pictures all day, we’ve got to feel good and look good too so sometimes we head out into the world for a little shopping. Back-to-school season is all about shopping, planning and getting ready to do our best and feel our best. Best foot forward mentality in the Goode house!
This year I took each of my kids shopping separately this year so that I could spend one-on-one time with each of them individually, best shopping days! Back-to-school shopping for my oldest son who is headed to his second year of college was the quickest shopping trip ever! He was a man on a mission and we got it all done in record time. See it, that look on his face? He’s ready to get moving and my photo moments really are taking up his time!
Last year we grabbed a bunch of clothes and supplies and all the things he extras he needed for his dorm.This year was so much easier, he already had most of the things he needed. So we spent our shopping time finding fun new shirts a bunch of junk food (because a mom must feed her babies) and the every day essentials. He is such a good sport, I bribed him with lunch to get some photos of these Walmart moments to share with you while we shopped. Schick® Disposable Razors are a must, because a handsome college man needs to take care of his handsome face, right?
As we were taking these photos, my son’s buddy walked upped… try explaining why your mom is taking photos of you in the razor aisle. Little creative moment there… Yes, we are that family!
Top 10 Back-to-School Essentials for College
Everyone is going to have their own little suggestions for what you might need for back-to-school shopping for a college student. The first thing to remember is, if you forget something, it gives you a good excuse to send a care package AND – no school is without at least some kind of student store. Here’s my suggested list of what you need to make sure to pick up for your college student when you’re back-to-school shopping:
- School supplies – Whatever the classes require, but at a minimum, a couple notebooks, paper, pens and pencils will get you going.
- A good backpack – there is a lot of lugging around of books and materials, make sure that backpack is easy to carry.
- Laptop – having your own laptop or at least a tablet will make studying and homework so much easier.
- Toiletries – Basics (tooth brush, hair dryer, disposable razors, hair care, soap, etc.) plus a way to store them all easily. Most dorms have shared bath and shower rooms, so carrying toiletries around needs to be convenient.
- Laundry supplies – Those clothes aren’t going to clean themselves.
- Non-perishable food – snacks, grab-n-go style foods. Things that area easy to store and last a while are great to have on hand.
- Decor and accessories – to personalize your dorm room.
- Hangers – I know you’re packing your clothes, don’t forget to bring hangers to put them away.
- Gym extras – besides the classroom and weekend clothing, don’t forget your gym shoes, workout clothes and swim suits – college fitness centers can be amazing!
- Organizing extras – dorm rooms are usually tiny, so make sure you think of how you want to organize everything to keep the room clean and organized.
Bonus – First Aid kit – all the little things you might need at home for sick days, little accidents and minor emergencies… pack it up in a handy little box so you have it when you need it.
Some of our own must have college essentials this year included, laundry supplies, delicious snacks and some basic office supplies. We also picked up a 4 pack of Schick Hydro® 5 Razors for men. We got everything loaded up in the cart and headed for check out in record time. I think we made it in and out of the store in under an hour… we had to stop for t-shirts and cookies!
Use this coupon online to save on the Walmart site when you purchase purchase Schick® Disposable Razors. Schick® products include: Schick Hydro® 5 Razor (Men), Schick® Xtreme 3® Ultimate Razor (Men), NEW Schick® Xtreme3®, Schick® Quattro For Women®, Schick® Hydro Silk® Razor (Women).
Shopping day was a total success! Even the Icee guy was happy back there!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Schick®. The opinions and text are all mine.