Let’s talk about water today. I’m a born and raised Colorado native (4th generation to be more specific). It’s dry here! Not desert dry, but definitely dust and tumbleweed dry much of the year. So I grew up drinking a ton of water. It’s all about staying hydrated and happy around here. Whether you’re playing sports or playing with paint, it’s always a good idea to stay hydrated. You’ll feel refreshed and happy and ready to make things happen!
I’ve got an active family and we spend many days out and about, playing sports and running around town… water is a staple in our family. It’s common to find a multi-pack of bottled water in the back of my car as well as in the pantry because you never know when someone might be thirsty, and on the go, so we’re prepared. Today I’ve partnered with Nestlé® Pure Life® and Walmart to share some tips and tricks to stay hydrated and I’ve got a fun DIY t-shirt tote bag tutorial so you can carry all that water where ever you go. Let’s get to it!
Tips to staying hydrated and happy with Water
We spend a ton of time outside either playing sports or watching sports. Whether it’s summer or winter, staying hydrated helps keep us going. Water is the quickest way to quench that thirst, so we keep it handy all the time. Here are my tips for staying hydrated with a busy, active family:
- Always have water on hand. I’ve always got a pack of bottled water in the car just in case we need it.
- Bring extra water. You can really never have too much water, so an extra bottle is better than not enough.
- Bring a case of water for the team. Kids don’t always come to games prepared, so bringing a case of water to share can ensure the kids are feeling great and ready to play.
- Watch the game with water on hand. Even if you aren’t the one playing the game, make sure to drink plenty of water while you’re sitting and watching. In Colorado that summer sun can be brutal, it’s important to drink water to stay cool and hydrated.
- Visiting altitude requires hydration. Whether you’re visiting a high altitude location (like Colorado) or you are a native hiking in the hills, staying hydrated can help you feel healthy. Water is a great option to stay hydrated.
I love the value and the refreshing flavor of Nestlé® Pure Life®! Did you know: Every drop in every bottle of Nestle Pure Life is filtered through a 12-step quality process. To ensure great taste, we enhance our water with a unique blend of minerals. Now check this out… As shoppers, we are receiving a great value by getting 3 more bottles for the same price as the 32 pack! You can find Nestle products at Walmart online, but make sure to visit the store for the 35 pk! If this version of Nestle Pure Life is not available in your local Walmart, please ask a store manager about getting the product in your area. Also, Pure Life is re-launching in mid-May and will have new packaging. Be on the lookout for a refreshed packaging from Nestle this upcoming May at a store near you!
This is my daughter showing you where you can buy the new 35 packs at your local Walmart. Head to the beverage section of the store and you should find stacks of the 35 bottle cases ready to pick up take home.
- Visit nestlepurelife.com to sign up for promotions, offers and more. (use this link: )
Stay hydrated – take that water with you!
Make a fun t-shirt tote bag to carry your water
To help make it easier to carry that water around with you, I’ve got a quick and easy t-shirt tote bag you can make. Make one for yourself or one for each of the kids. They literally take 10 minutes and you can customize them however you’d like. This t-shirt tote bag example is a basic blue Men’s medium t-shirt. You can use your favorite graphic T or get creative and tie-dye your t-shirts first. If you’d like a smaller bag, just use a smaller t-shirt.
- sewing machine or needle and thread (if sewing by hand, this project may take a little more than 10 minutes)
- Fold the t-shirt in half, vertically down the middle.
- Cut along the armpit and along the neckline as shown. Make sure not to cut the shoulder stitching, this will be the handle of your bag.
- Unfold the t-shirt and turn it inside out. Lay the shirt flat, with the opening of the newly cut “handles” facing up.
- Stitch the bottom of the shirt along the hemline. This will be the bottom of your bag. If you’d like, stitch along the bottom twice to ensure durability.
- That’s it! Embellish or decorate the bag however you’d like.
We like to use these larger bags as shoulder bags. They stretch nicely to fit over our heads to carry like a messenger bag. This makes it easier to carry more water!
I hope you have fun this summer. Play hard and stay hydrated my friends!