Celebrate St. Patrick’s day with a fun craft for kids. This printable set is designed for 18″ dolls but works well with other characters too… even out Valentine’s piggy (see below). The set includes a mini banner and a mini hat plug some small shamrocks you can use for the banner or other decor.
Make a Mini St. Patrick’s Day Banner
- The St. Patrick’s Day banner printable – recommend printing on card stock or a thicker paper
- String or yarn
- Cut out the individual banner pieces, one for each letter and three of the shamrock circles.
- Cut a long piece of string or yarn.
- Tape the string to the back of each letter. You can also include shamrocks in your banner, alternating between letters. Or you can use the shamrocks to decorate somewhere else. Make sure you leave one shamrock for the hat.
Make a Mini St. Patrick’s Day Hat
- The St. Patrick’s Day doll set printable printed on paper or cardstock
- Tape or glue
make a mini St. Patrick’s Day hat
- Cut out the hat section (green with black in the middle). Cut along black lines to create small cuts along the top and bottom.
- Fold the top and bottom as shown.
- Roll paper around your finger. This will help it curve into the hat shape easier.
- You should end up with a spiral paper when you remove it from your finger.
- Glue the ends together so you end up with a cylinder.
- Fold the top flaps in toward the middle. Fold the bottom flaps out.
- Cut out the big circle. Cut the center of the circle. To cut the center easily, carefully cut from the outside edge of the big circle and then remove the middle like a doughnut.
- Take a scrap of paper and glue to the underside of the “doughnut” ring where you made your cut.
- Place the ring over the top of the tube you created earlier and push down on top of the bottom flaps.
- Glue the bottom flaps to the underside of the ring.
- Cut out the small circle (or use the center of the ring if you prefer). Place it on top of the top flaps.
- Glue the flaps to the underside of the small circle and press firmly with your finger to make sure they are glued in place.
- Finally, cut out a shamrock and place it on the hat band.
- You can optionally add glitter or other pretty gems to dress up the hat however you’d like.
See, even our piggy can wear the hat!
I have more St. Patrick’s Day printables for you to make more great green craft projects. Check out all the options at my printable store.