Steps to make your own spring dry erase board:
- Open up the picture frame, removing the back.
- Create a background by applying fabric or paper to the inside of the frame back. I applied Xyron adhesive directly to the fabric using my 9″ creative station. I then layered on the fabric so it overlapped to create an interesting texture.
- Apply the window clings to the inside of the picture frame glass.
- If you want to hang your dry erase board, attach ribbon to the back of the picture frame. The Dollar Tree picture frames have an actual frame style plastic back so the ribbon easily ties for hanging. If you are using a different kind of frame, you might need to go with a traditional picture wire or hook for hanging.
- Put the whole picture frame back together and enjoy your new spring dry erase board!
The great thing about this project, your kids can help make it. Instead of gluing fabric to the back, have your kids design a background they would like to see. You can also use this as an alphabet board for preschoolers. Put an alphabet tracing sheet inside the picture frame and your kids can practice writing their letters over and over without wasting paper.