Sometimes I see something that looks too fun not to try. A week or so ago the Unicorn drink was all the rage, did you try one?We're all about unicorns over here so of course my daughter tried it… and loved it. So, we thought it would be fun to get together with some creative friends to make our own unicorn drink recipes. We headed straight to the candy shelf and made a Rainbow Sprinkles Unicorn Drink. This yummy drink recipe is full of fruity sherbet flavor. There isn't any edible glitter in it, but you could add all the sprinkles you want. Get creative and try your own different flavors!
Rainbow Sprinkles Unicorn Drink
In my head this unicorn drink was full of rainbow colors. I forgot, when you add a liquid to sherbet it all turns to muddy pink. But the cup of sherbet looks beautiful all on it's own. I recommend, if you make these for a party, fill your cups with sherbet and put them on display without any extra liquid. Add the soda as you're serving the drinks so they are pretty and fizzy until you're ready to drink them.
I used one rainbow sherbet and raspberry sherbet for my drink. Any of the sherbet flavors will blend well for delicious fruity goodness. For pretty pink drinks, just use raspberry or strawberry sherbet.
- Sherbet in a variety of flavors
- Clear soda
- White Almond Bark (or melting/candy chocolate)
- Rainbow Sprinkles
- Melt the almond bark. Dip the top of each glass in the chocolate. Quickly dip the glass into the sprinkles and then set aside until the chocolate hardens. I found that keeping the glasses tipped upside down helps keep the sprinkles at the top of the glass.
- Scoop sherbet into the glass, filling about 2/3 of the glass with sherbet. For extra color, layer different colors of sherbet into the glass. If you are preparing the drinks ahead of time, place these filled glasses in the freezer until you are ready to display or serve them.
- Pour soda into each glass to the top. Let the foam settle a little and top off each glass with more soda.
- Add a straw and fun garnish and serve.
- I made sprinkle strawberries to put in each unicorn drink. You can add all kinds of fun extra garnishes or just top with whipped cream and more sprinkles.
You can customize this yummy Rainbow Sprinkle Unicorn drink with your own favorite sherbet flavors or match your party colors. Sherbet comes in a variety of delicious flavors, pick the one you like best! You can also make this an adult beverage by using a sparkling wine cooler instead of soda… or try adding a little vodka and soda.
I can't wait to hear how your unicorn drinks turn out! Now take a look at the scrumptious drinks my friends made…
Make more Unicorn Drinks
Some of my super creative friends have made their own yummy Unicorn Drinks. Check out their recipes too!
- Delicious Unicorn Drink – The Country Chic Cottage
- Unicorn Rose Sangria – Mad in Crafts
- Cute Sparkle Unicorn Milkshake – Artsy Fartsy Mama
- Unicorn Freakshake – Amanda's Cookin'
Which unicorn drink will you try?