You know I love me some pretty nail art! So I thought I'd play around with some nail sticker ideas and my Cricut cutting machine – the result is pretty plaid nail art for Christmas that I think you will love! Dress up your nails and feel a little crafty at the same time. This nail art idea can be customized with your own favorite colors and patterns too. Just switch out the patterns I chose or pick your own colors of vinyl… easy peazy, right!?
Plaid Nail Art for Christmas
You can add the pretty nail art accents in whatever colors you like. I chose gold to go with the fabulous red plaid pattern. Place the mini stickers on your nails however you like… so many choices and ways to personalize your nails, don't you just love it!?
- Cricut Explore Cutting Machine
- Nail Art designed by Jen Goode
- 12″ x 12″ StandardGrip Cricut® mat
- Printable Vinyl
- Gold Vinyl
- Clear nail polish – top coat – I love Julep
- Scissors – small nail scissors work best.
- Apply a clear nail polish base coat to your nails and allow to dry.
- Print out the nail design on paper to determine if the sizing is right for your nails.
- Double the nail quantity so you have enough nail stickers for both hands.
- Cut designs following on screen instructions.
- Peel and stick the nail stickers to each nail. Depending on your nail shape, you can apply the square or curved side at either the top of bottom of your nail. Press along all edges and trim with nail scissors as necessary.
- Apply gold nail accent stickers however you like.
- Apply a clear top coat nail polish to seal your nail stickers in place.
Note: Mix and match the sticker accents in whatever vinyl colors you’d like!
What do you think? Are you ready to get your party on and dress up your nails? I'd love to see what you do with this nail art set. Mix and match patterns and colors and then share your ideas! Head over to the 100 Directions Facebook page or leave a comment to tell me all about it!