Layers of pineapples, coconut, bananas and angel food cake, yum! Add in some nuts and whipped cream and you have a fancy schmancy dessert perfect for any occasion. I layered these flavors in a mason jar to add a little rustic touch and make it an easy dessert to take to a picnic. You can also layer everything in a pretty wine or parfait glass for a special celebration at home. Add in other favorite flavors to add your own personal touch.
- Angel food cake
- Crushed pineapple
- Vanilla yogurt
- Shredded coconut
- Chopped walnuts
- Whipped cream
How to make a pineapple angel food cake parfait
- Prepare all the ingredients for layering.
- Cut the angel food cake into bite sized cubes.
- Blend yogurt and bananas in the food processor. I tried simply layering the bananas, chopped, like the rest of the layered ingredients, however the bananas do turn brown and the parfait doesn't look as yummy.
- Add layers of flavor to the mason jar.
- Start with a spoonful of pineapple .
- Add enough cubed angel food cake to cover the pineapple.
- Spoon in the banana yogurt mixture. Sprinkle on some coconut. Top with nuts.Add more pineapple.
- Repeat until the jar is full – leaving enough room to add a swirl of whipped cream.
- Top with nuts and seal with the lid.
If you want to add even more tropical flavors, try using mixed tropical fruit instead of just pineapple. The bright orange of the papaya and the yellow of the mango will add some pretty color to your parfait too. I'd love to hear what kind of parfaits you make – fill a jar and share!