Learn how to make puzzles with your Cricut. Create custom puzzles that you can share with friends, give as gifts and have fun with the whole family. Making your own puzzles doesn’t get any easier than this! This Cricut project can be personalized with your favorite images or use the free download we’re sharing below.
Say hello to today’s project designer
My friend, Jessica Roe from Everyday Party Magazine is back again to share this fun Cricut craft, perfect for party prep! Jessica shares all kinds of fun party ideas on her site and today she’s got this darling alphabet puzzle for you. Jessica is also sharing the cute animal alphabet print on her site as a free download. See the link in the materials list below.
Hi everyone! It’s Jess from Everyday Party Magazine, and I’m so excited to be back again! I’m a Cricut enthusiast, and I love using Jen’s cut designs for party decor, favors, and more!
How to make an Alphabet Puzzle
Summer is quickly coming to an end, and I LOVE to host back to school parties for the kids. My niece is going into Kindergarten this year, and I thought it would be fun to host a small party for her and a few friends! But, a party isn’t much of a party without awesome party favors. So, I fired up my Maker and got to work on these adorable puzzles!
- Cricut Maker cutting machine
- Cricut Design Space account
- Puzzle cut design by Jen Goode (#M68E363)
- Cricut Knife Blade
- Cricut Design Space Access
- Cricut Chipboard
- Cricut Printable Vinyl
- Alphabet JPG (Download it here)
- Masking Tape
Head over to Everyday Party Magazine to download this super cute animal alphabet printable.
- Open the puzzle cut file and then, upload the Alphabet design to Cricut Design Space, and adjust both to be 6.75”x6.75” square.
- Send the project to the machine. The alphabet will need to be printed on Cricut Printable Vinyl. Place the printed image onto a light grip cutting mat, and cut the 6.75”x6.75” square out.
- Place a sheet of chipboard onto a strong grip mat, and tape the edges with masking tape. Use a ruler to mark 1 inch from the top, and 1 inch from the side.
- Place the alphabet art on the chipboard along the marked lines you created (1inch over and 1 inch down) This will allow you to line up the puzzle to cut perfectly over the image.
- *I have already attached the puzzle lines in the cute file above, but you will need to do that if you want to create your own puzzle.
- Send the puzzle cut file to cut on the Maker. (Don’t forget to change the blade)
Make your own! We’ve set up a Cricut Design Space canvas to help you get started with this cute back to school party favor – puzzle project in Cricut Design Space.
This project took about 25 minutes to create, but, I think it’s worth it!
These puzzles would be great in a classroom, as a gift, or even for other parties. Check out Everyday Party Magazine for more back to school party fun. Have fun creating with your Cricut!