Today I’m sharing a fun project idea featuring Little Yellow Bicycle papers, ribbon from May Arts and Xyron adhesives. Get your own creative mojo going and see what fun paper and ribbon collage art you can come up with. I also added a little machine sewing, which I’ve been meaning to try for ages… I now LOVE sewing paper collages, it’s such a neat texture detail. Usually I have some kind of plan, but today’s project was a work in progress the whole way through. I let the materials kind of do the deciding and I’m really happy with how it turned out. I’d love to hear what you think!
Materials I used:
- Little Yellow Bicycle papers and embellishments
- Assorted Ribbon from May Arts
- 9″ Creative station and permanent adhesive from Xyron
- Xyron adhesive dots (love)
- Sewing machine, needle and thread (I did some machine stitching and some hand stitching)
- Various Buttons from Buttons Galore and More
- Cotton twine
- Black sharpie permanent marker
- DecoArt Indian Blue Americana Acrylic Paint and stiff paint brush
I’m not going to give you a step by step to make this monogram art. There are far too many variations in how the piece will turn out just because of the way you paint or stitch or cut… it’s not exact with this piece. However, I will give you an over view and some ideas you can try to run with to make your or monogram art.
- To Create the monogram, hand draw an outline of the letter you’d like to create. Go in with a dry paint brush and add rough color to the inside space of the letter.
- Select your papers. Choosing a color scheme you like and then pulling out just a few of the included papers in a collection will help coordinate the look while giving it a mix and match feel.
- Select some ribbon to coordinate with the colors and textures of your paper.
- Layer papers in various sizes and shapes. Adhere together with Xyron adhesive.
- Add ribbons as desired and stitch into place.
- Add final accents such as twine, buttons and ribbon flowers.
This entire week there are all kinds of fun ideas being shared featuring these great products. Check out the other artists and the creativity they are sharing. I’d love to hear what you enjoy most!