Add a little color to your Halloween decor with these quick and easy Halloween Crepe Paper Pom Poms. Grab your favorite crepe paper colors and you’re ready to create. This is a fun project to make with friends too. I made purple, green and black pom poms but you can also make orange and black or black and white. This year I have seen some neat Halloween decor using black and gold too… you could make black and white pom poms with gold ribbons – pretty!
Halloween Crepe Paper Pom Poms
You can pick up Crepe paper at a variety of stores. The Dollar Tree even has some great colors. I buy much of my crepe paper and curling ribbon at either Michaels or Party City.
Materials You Need:
- Crepe paper
- Scrap of cardboard
Instructions: This is the same project as my Patriotic Pom Poms, so the instructions are the same.
- Cut cardboard into a rectangle approximately 3″ x 6″. The size of this piece is directly related to how big or small your pom poms can be.
- Layer the colors of paper you want to use and wrap around the cardboard at least 7 times. The more you wrap, the thicker your pom pom.
- Slide the wrapped paper off the cardboard and tie a ribbon around the middle. Be careful to not tie to tightly to prevent tearing the paper. This ribbon can be used to hang your pom poms later, so make it long enough to tie and hang.
- Cut the edges of the paper, first cut the end of the loop and then cut toward the ribbon in strips.
- Carefully fluffy the pom pom pieces by gently pulling and moving them around until you get the desired look.
Hang your pom poms around the house, add to your Halloween party decor or include in a boo bag. You can do all kinds of things with these pom poms. They are easy to make and quick to make a whole pile. Have Fun and Happy Halloween!