There are so many fun things to do in Las Vegas, and it's not just about hanging out at the craps table. Here are some of our favorite things to do in Las Vegas that aren't gambling. When you're looking for quick trip ideas to someplace fun, Las Vegas almost always comes to mind. You don't have to be a gambler or a hard partier to have a great time in Las Vegas. While there are plenty of family-friendly activities, Las Vegas is definitely a town perfect for kid-free, grownup fun. With so many things to do, places to eat and sights to see you'll always have something to keep you entertained. Don't forget, Las Vegas is a nightlife town, so don't pack your slippers!
Things to do in Las Vegas
Grab your sweetie and book a Vegas weekend getaway – or gather up the girls and make it a girls only trip. Whatever you do, get going, a little grown-up fun should be a must on your summer list!
- See a show – Oh my goodness, the options for live entertainment are amazing. I usually go to Vegas for work, so I don't have tons of time to see a show, but any chance I get to squeeze in extra fun, I'm heading to one of the many live performances. Cirque Du Soleil is one of my favorites. Years ago, I went for Sunday brunch at the House of Blues… nothing like pancakes and music to start your day off right!
- Go Shopping – window shop or shop 'til you drop if you prefer. There's tons of fun shopping in Las Vegas. I know I'm a grown-up, but one of my favorite stores is the M&M store. Don't forget to check out the mall right on the strip.
- Stroll the casinos – each casino is designed to entertain. You'll find various games and opportunities to gamble or watch others gamble. There's live music, art and entertainment. I prefer to not gamble at all, but the penny slots can be fun, I also enjoy watching other's trying their hand at their favorite games. Plus, it's always a good time walking around the different casinos to check out the scene, view the stunning art and explore the culture… even if you don't spend a penny.
- People watch – this is my all-time favorite. There are people from all over the world that head to Vegas all year long. There's an amazing variety of people that visit Vegas which means there's an amazing variety of people to watch. You can pick any location, find a seat, grab a drink and just watch the people go buy. I also like to check out the talents of street performers that like to hang out on the bridge by the Cosmopolitian hotel.
- Eat – every resort and casino has their own style and flavor. You could easily spend a month in Las Vegas, eating somewhere new each day. From high class and high dollar to casual comfort food, there are plenty of foodie options to try in Las Vegas. I usually go for any place that has a good milkshake, but you can easily find any food flavor you'd like and usually within a short walk away.
- Stroll the Strip – there are amazing sites all around the Las Vegas Strip. You could walk outside only or take detours inside different casinos and resorts. The design, architecture and facades are incredible. I still haven't ridden the gondola in the Venetian, but it's on my bucket list… I'm hoping to compare to the real thing in Italy someday too!
- Go Dancing or just sing along – there are plenty of nightclubs to get your groove on. My groove has always been lacking rhythm and is now getting a bit wobbly so I'm more of a sit and sip a drink kind of girl. There's also fun clubs for the karaoke crowd not to mention comedy clubs and other night life entertainment.
- Head to the buffet – I did already mention eating, but the buffet is a completely different environment. Many of the resorts have their own all you can eat buffets with incredible choices to choose from. If you don't want to explore different restaurants, find one buffet you love and you can have a different meal every night. I think my favorite is the buffet at the MGM Grand hotel, great selection and great prices.
- Explore – there are so many great places to see and try and do in Las Vegas. Check out a travel guide and look for all the entertainment, sites and even landmarks to explore. You're sure to fill up a vacation itinerary in no time!
Las Vegas Art Inspiration
One thing I love most about visiting Las Vegas is all the amazing art and design. Everything is big and over the top in Las Vegas. From the architecture of the enormous casinos to the art displays and beyond beautiful interior design, everything is stunning. Ok, not everything, some is just too much and unbelievable, but all of it is amazing to see in person. Here are some photos I've taken from various visits to Sin City.
Las Vegas is a terrific getaway spot, especially if you want a quick trip without the kids. have you been to Las Vegas for a short getaway?