When you've got a crowd of people, an angry mob of kids that are starving or just looking for a fun food for the family, whatever are you going to make? I vote for quick and easy… and pizza is usually the answer! Frozen pizzas are great when you're in a pinch, take out or order in pizza is yummy but expensive and sometimes I like to get fancy without the expense. Think make-it-at-home pizza. French bread pizza is one of the easiest things on the planet to make. You can use a variety of ingredients and even turn the pizza making into it's own party activity. French bread pizza makes for a fantastic party food or fun family meal. Mix and match ingredients and flavors for your football party guests or set out ingredients for a “pizza bar”. Here's the how to…
- French bread cut in slices
- Pizza sauce
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Pepperoni slices
How to make french bread pizza
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
- Place slices of french bread on a cookie sheet. I like to use parchment paper on the pan to help with cleanup.
- Using a spoon, spread pizza sauce on each piece of bread. Make sure to add a decent amount of sauce as the bread does soak it up pretty quick.
- Pile on some mozzarella cheese on to each bread slice.
- Place pepperonis on top of each pizza.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Let cool a little before serving.
Now, you can get really fancy and make your own pizza sauce, get hot of the line fresh pepperoni from that fancy deli down the street and even shred your own cheese (or make it from scratch). I'm not THAT fancy, but that does sound yummy… try it and send me a photo so I can drool in jealousy!
Some extra flavor and substitution ideas: Like I mentioned, mix up any ingredients you want. Use spaghetti sauce instead of pizza sauce, just doll it up a bit with some extra seasoning and spices. Sprinkle in some parmesan cheese to make an extra yummy cheese mix.
1 thought on “French Bread Pizza”
What a beautiful idea. My son love pizza. Thank you!