Looking for quick and easy recipes to feed the family? My kids love meatballs, so meatball sandwiches are the perfect solution in a time crunch. In my house we try to make family meal time a priority. Even if it's just a quick meal in the middle of a busy schedule it's a daily commitment to sit down together, check in and see how everyone is doing. So, spending time making food either becomes part of that family time, or if I can find a fast meal, we get more time to chat at the table. I'm hoping this becomes a tradition that my kids continue with their own families… meal time together can really be a special time every day.
Easy Meatball Sandwiches
You can easy make your meatballs from scratch or grab your favorite pre-made variety. I use my meatloaf recipe and cook up balls of the meat in a skillet for about 15 minutes.
Look at all the goodness already in this sauce! I did not add a single spice or extra ingredient into this mix. I just had meatballs and Ragu Pasta sauce in my skillet!
- Ragu Pasta Sauce – flavor of your choice
- Rolls – I grabbed a multi-grain artisan variety from my local bakery
- Shredded cheese (optional)
All you need is a jar of your favorite flavor of Ragu pasta sauce and let the meatballs simmer in the sauce for about 15-20 minutes. Let the meat absorb that delicious flavor! For this batch I chose the Cheese Creations flavor with Parmesan and Romano cheeses. You don't need to add any extra seasoning, all the goodness is already in the jar. The key to a great meatball sandwich is the spices and the flavor you add to the meatballs… so for me, the key is the sauce.
Cut the rolls in half and place 2-3 meatballs on each roll. You can also use a hoagie bun if you prefer.
We love cheese, so I topped the meatballs with a little extra shredded Italian cheese.
What we love about Ragu:
- Ragu is a business success story created by an amazing woman – Women owned business for the win!
- Ragu was created from tradition and there is a continual commitment to carry on the high standards.
- Ragu Pasta Sauce is affordable and readily available at your local grocer.
- Rague is filled with farm grown ingredients.
- There are no artificial flavors, no artificial flavors and no high fructose corn syrup.
Do you have a favorite Ragu recipe?