Chocolate fudge is one of my favorite sweets. We love making holiday treats around here, but with 3 kids and all the activities, I don't always have time to make the fancy food. Traditional fudge requires a little bit of time and technique to get just right. This easy fudge recipe is truly simple and turns out delicious every time! It's quick and something even your young kids can help with. We've made this recipe with and without nuts. You can do either, or mix in other extras, no problem! If you don't like nuts or can't eat them, just omit them from the ingredients.
Yummy Fudge in 4 steps
I'm telling you, this is one of the easiest recipes EVER! My 7 year can make it.. see her cut little hand, that's not staged for the photo, she really did make fudge. I would love to see how the fudge turns out with other mix in like Andies Candies or M&Ms. But, for now, just try the basic recipe, straight up, as is.
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetend condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
Instructions to make easy fudge:
- Combine all ingredients in a large, microwave safe bowl. No need to stir yet.
- Heat for 3 minutes on high. Stir.
- Heat for an additional 2 minutes. Stir to make sure all ingredients are thoroughly blended.
- Pour into greased 9×9 casserole dish.
- Cool in refrigerator for at least 2 hours before cutting. (We usually store in the fridge overnight before cutting).
You can add all kinds of extras to this fudge recipe too. Try including your favorite nuts, decorate with sprinkles on top or keep it just as is. We like to make this home made chocolate fudge to include in treat plates for friends and neighbors. It's really rich so pieces can be small and it turns out perfectly creamy and deliciously chocolatey!