We’re making Easy paper holly today with a free printable template I’ve created for you. This is a super quick Christmas decor craft you can make to accent all kinds of fun holiday pieces. Add holly to you Christmas cards and envelopes, make your own party decor and even add a bit of Christmas Spirit to your neighbor gifts and cookie baskets! You can amek a pile of paper holly in under 30 minutes… let’s get started, I’ll show you how!
DIY Easy Paper Holly
You can make your own paper holly using colored paper and glue. If you want to take the really short cut route, print and cut holly I designed for the Cricut machine. You can find it as part of the pretty Christmas place setting I designed too.
- Printable Holly Template
- Green and Red cardstock or construction paper
- Black, fine point pen
- Print out the template on card stock
- Cut out the size of holly you’d like
- Use the cut out pieces to trace as many pieces as you’d like on to the colored cardstock. Alternatively, you can just print as many pieces as you’d like, but if you’d like to save printer ink, so with the colored paper.
- Layer 2-3 holly leaves, overlapping at the top tip (either end of the leaf can be the “top”). Glue the leaves together.
- Then layer 2-3 berries on top of the overlapping leaves.
- Let the glue dry thoroughly before using in your decor.
- Optional: use a black fine tip marker to draw little accents on your leaves and the berries for an added touch. You can also add glitter or even puffy paint for an extra fun look!
That’s it. Paper holly is a SUPER quick and easy craft and there are so many ways to use it. I think the trickiest part is making the leaf shape. So I’ve created a free printable template you can use to help out.
Head over to The Country Chic Cottage to check out the Merry Christmas banner I made. I decorated this handmade decor with some of the holly I made. Grab yourself a copy of the Printable Alphabet pennants and then have fun making your own holiday banners!