Learn how to make your own pretty table lamp using your Cricut and adhesive vinyl. This DIY decor idea is a great gift you can customize for the person you're giving too. Whenever I think I'd like to make a gift for someone I think about what they might be able to use and what things they enjoy. I'm always looking for unique ideas and at the same time creating something they'll not only enjoy but find useful. This Cricut project makes the perfect gift whether for Christmas, housewarming or even a wedding gift.
How to Make a Pretty Table Lamp
This DIY decor Christmas gift idea is really simple to create. I've already set up a Cricut Design Space canvas for you to follow. The design is created in two parts, a front and a back. You can use just one side if you'd like. Make sure to adjust the size of the entire design to fit the height of the lamp you are using.
- Cricut Machine and Cricut Design Space
- Swirls cut design by Jen Goode
(available in the Cricut library image #M8D1B6B)
- Platnium colored Glitter FX adhesive vinyl
- A cylinder vase style lamp
- Transfer tape
Note: You can get a little fancier with your project and add in more colors or designs if you'd like.
- Clean the surface of your lamp as appropriate. make sure it's clean and dry before applying the vinyl to ensure the vinyl adheres as well completely as possible.
- Re-size the design to fit the height of your own lamp.
- Follow on-screen instructions to cut the design from your vinyl. No need to reverse the design as there are no words included.
- Weed entire design from the vinyl backing.
- Using transfer tape, carefully remove finished design from vinyl backing and apply to the surface of your lamp.
- Gently rub the design to adhere the art to the lamp's surface.
That's it! The longest step is weeding and I think the toughest step is dealing with the transfer tape. You can move individual swirl designs around as needed as well. Either move the designs before you cut them in Cricut Design Space or, carefully place individual swirls on the lamp as needed.
Head to Cricut Design Space to get started. Here is the pre-set canvas I've created for you!
You can also make a matching pair! Decorate a lampshade or even a mini night-light. Have fun creating your own DIY decor gift. I can't wait to hear what YOU create!
Now… on to even more fun Gift Ideas…
Vinyl DIY Gift Ideas Challenge – CAST YOUR VOTE!
I've teamed up with Expressions Vinyl and other talented creatives to share DIY Gift Ideas using Vinyl. This week, you can vote for your favorite projects and then be entered to win your own vinyl gift pack. Of course, I would love it if you'd vote for my pretty table lamp… and I'd love to hear what other projects you like. Vote Here Thank you in advance for your support, I really appreciate it!