Why yes, as I write this it's mid-April. Halloween is a good 6 months away but today I'm getting my cute spook on. This month's Xyron creative challenge is Something Old, Something New. Each design team member was asked to choose from a variety of craft projects in the Xyron idea gallery and come up with an updated version. So, I made these cute, no-so-scary, mummy treat bags and you can grab the printable below for free!
Materials you will need:
- Free Mini Mummy Treat Bag printable by Jen Goode
- Xyron Tape runner
- Paper or card stock
How to make your own mini mummy treat bags:
- Print out the printable on standard paper or card stock. I prefer a lightweight cover stock (card stock).
- Cut out the main goodie bag piece. Fold along the edges, bottom and crease the sides.
- Adhere the sides and bottom using your Xyron tape runner.
- Cut out the decorating strips. You can use as many or few as you'd like. You an also draw your own eyes and mouth on a strip instead of use mine if you'd like.
- Using your Xyron tape runner, adhere the decorating strips however you like. Trim the edges.
- Finally, fill the treat bags and to seal closed use a few more decorating strips and your tape runner as stickers to close the top flap (it folds to the back).
Tip: If you have another Xyron adhesive, such as a 5″ Creative Station, just run all the strips through your machine before cutting. Then cut out and adhere the individual strips however you'd like.
You could have all kinds of fun adding your own personality to these mini mummy treat bags. Add glitter, ribbons and even glow paint. There are also enough decorative strips that you could make a mummy card to go along with the treat bag. I'd love to see what fun you make with these mummies!
What's your favorite thing to make for Halloween?