I really like mixing materials and making little goodies to share. While I was at a the Craft and Hobby show last month I had a pile of buttons, some markers and a stack of paper sitting in the booth with me and lots of time to doodle. So I made some mini card tags that can be used as gift tags, mini cards or just a grin to give to someone else.The fun thing about a project like this is you can mix and match the materials you have to make an assortment of cute tags you can use later. Mix in some fabric, scraps of other materials and any other embellishments you might have in your stash.
- Cardstock in a variety of colors
- Buttons in a variety of colors and sizes
- Hole punch (optional)
Thanks to Buttons Galore and More for giving me buttons to play with at the show!
How to make your own button tags:
- Cut cardstock in various sizes to stack however you'd like. Glue together.
- Stack buttons and add twine to tie them together. Do not tie the buttons to the cardstock, instead finish the buttons and glue them to your card.
- Draw your doodles.
- Add finishing touches such as corner twine pieces or other embellishments.
I like to draw last so I can draw around all the pieces and parts of the cards. However, sometimes it is easier to draw patterns or full coverage images before you add your buttons or finishing pieces. You decide which way works best for you. More uses for your cute button tags: cute lunch love notes to put in your child's lunch. Or you could frame them in tiny tiny frames for some cute wall decor in a small space. Button embellished tags are a great project to do with your kids as well. Have fun and I'd love to see what you do with yours!