Pinterest is all about collection and organizing images for inspiration, ideas and eye candy. There are so many way you can use this tool. No matter what it is you like, images are the heart of many ideas and Pinterest lets you keep your ideas together in nice tidy groups. If there is an image, you can pin it.
Here are 50 ways you could use Pinterest. Think of each idea as a jumping point topic that you can collect ideas for. Assuming everything is for inspiration – what else are images for? I use Pinterest to share ideas from my blogs, art I've create and preschool project ideas. I also use Pinterest to collect inspiration for home decor, organizing and creativity that amazes me along with yummy food ideas, projects friends have made and more. It's like a giant idea catalog that constantly grows and encourages new ideas.
Collections for inspiration of….
- Favorite recipes
- Birthday party favors, decor, themes
- Wedding dress clippings
- Baby themes, gifts, decor, etc.
- Christmas decor
- Organizing inspiration
- Favorite tools
- Shopping wish list
- Craft project ideas
- Gardening ideas, layouts
- Style guide
- Fashion, hair or beauty trends
- Vacation dream list
- Favorite books
- Memory albums
- Favorite places
- Catalog – animals, plants, places, planets, etc.
- Color schemes
- Gift ideas by recipient
- Sports moments, hall of fame, big plays
- Celebrity gossip
- Unusual images
- Word inspiration and quotes
- Site bookmarking
- Favorite movies
- Cats, dogs and other pets
- Cute things
- Article flagging
- Dream home building
- Remodeling ideas
- Virtual collections – even collections of collections – saving you money and space AND preventing tangible hording.. YAY!
- Cool cars, parts, services, shows
- Tutorial catalog
- Funny photos
- Great restaurants
- City guide or vacation itinerary
- Sports gear
- Train collecting
- Entertainment or Activity reviews
- Art gallery
- I Spy
- Hair styles and trends
- Beauty guide
- Vintage archive
- Home repair before and after comparisons
- Milestones and memories – assuming you want to share them publicly
- Brag board – things you've made and want to show off
- Awards and trophies – more bragging, but ou could have multiple boards
- To do list – pin things you want to do
- Diary of internet travels – if you surf the web all day, you could keep a virtual diary of your daily travels to share with the world.
Are you using Pinterest yet? I'd love to hear how you are using it! Follow me on Pinterest and we'll share ideas. If you need an invite, let me know.
1 thought on “50 ways to use Pinterest”
I like your topsy turvy nrelate links! How did you get them to do that? You’ve got a fun blog!