Make a cute candy cane heart in under 30 minutes. This is a fun craft to make with group too. You can use the little candy cane hearts to accent gifts or make your own ornaments.
Clay Candy Cane Heart
Materials you need:
- Air dry clay – white
- Glue or Mod Podge
- Paint brush and Red glitter
- Roll out 4 pieces of clay.
- Twist two pieces of clay together and bend to make a candy cane shape.
- Trim excess clay.
- Attach the two candy canes as shown. If clay is still wet, you can press the candy cane pieces together and they should adhere as they dry.
- Once the heart is dry, paint glue onto every other stripe of clay and immediately sprinkle glitter.
- Allow to dry thoroughly.
If you’d like to make an ornament of gift decoration with these candy cane hearts, simply attach a ribbon or twine to the top of the heart. If you’re not a fan of glitter, you can also paint the candy canes after they dry, or use colored clay. I hope you have fun with this. I’d love to hear if you make this project, leave me a note!