So the other day I needed some quick and easy Christmas cookies. Usually my goto recipe is Magic Cookie Bars, but I didn't even have time to hit the grocery store. After digging around Pinterest, I came across the Christmas Crack recipes so I thought I'd give it a try… Oh YUM! This is such an easy holiday treat to make. You can customize it any way you'd like. You need to try this recipe!
Quick and Easy Christmas Cookies
Christmas Crack – with nuts and berries
I started with the Christmas Crack recipe shared by my friend Jessica over at Mad in Crafts. I then added in some mixed nuts and cranberries and then topped with drizzled white chocolate. I didn't have all the ingredients I needed, so I improvised. Jessica's recipe calls for butter crackers, other recipes call for saltines. I didn't have a whole sleeve of saltines, so I used what I had left and then I filled in the remaining space with graham crackers. I LOVE the graham crackers, however, they need a touch of salt to balance out all the sweet.
I also didn't have chocolate chips nor milk chocolate. So I thought i'd try white chocolate chips. Ooops, they don't melt very easily. So, I mixed in some almond bark – chocolate flavor and that worked well. Next time I would go with chocolate chips straight up, or milk chocolate almond bark. This is a various of bark, so feel free to mix and match flavors for your own taste.
Here's my recipe various for Christmas Crack:
- 1-2 sleeves of Graham crackers
- 2 sticks of butter (1 cup)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1-2 cups mixed nuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Milk chocolate and White chocolate almond bark
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a deep cookie sheet or jelly roll pan with parchment paper. You can use aluminum foil, just make sure to line the pan so its easier to remove your treats.
- Place a single layer of crackers on the pan.
- In a sauce pan, melt the butter and brown sugar together. Boil for 3 minutes.
- Pour sugar mixture over crackers and spread with a spatula.
- Place pan in oven for 10 minutes.
- Using your microwave, melt about 4 squares of almond bark (white or dark).
- Remove pan from oven and top with melted almond bark. Spread with a spatula.
- Before the almond bark cools, sprinkle nuts and cranberries. Press lightly to make sure they set into the chocolate. Also sprinkle sea salt over the top – this is optional but adds a nice little flavor twist to all that sugar.
- Melt the opposite flavor of almond bark (about 2 squares) and using a fork drizzle over the top of the entire treat.
- Set in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours before breaking apart into cookie sized pieces.
Try not to eat it all before you share!
Don't forget to check out Jessica's original Christmas Crack recipe for more details on the process.
And there ya have it. 11 short steps to heavily yumm! Try it. Mix in your own extras, flip the flavors of chocolate, experiment and make your own. This is one of the best quick and easy Christmas cookies I've ever made – imagine it.. pepper mind or white chocolate almond or how about double chocolate deliciousness? Yes, you can make them all too!
2 thoughts on “Christmas Crack: Quick and Easy Christmas Cookies”
Oh, Jen! That looks so amazing! Sharing now. 🙂
Awesome, thank you so much for your amazing recipe!