I always thought A Taste of Colorado was a weekend event geared towards adults, particularly young adults. There's tons of entertainment, food and drink to keep everyone busy and happy all labor day weekend. however, there are also a ton of things to do with families. Kids of all ages can find a variety of things to do in additional to the yummy foods they can try from local restaurants.
- KidZoneis a family-friendly area offering play equipment and a great variety of free, hands-on craft activities for children of all ages. KidZone hours are 11:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Fri., Aug. 31; and 10:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sat., Sept. 1 through Mon., Sept. 3.
- Carnival Rides and Games Saturday through Monday, presented by KOOL 105.
- Featured entertainment acts – Top Hogs, Magical Enchantment with Erika Sodos, Machinez Remainz Dance Crew, and Istari World Percussion,
- Comfort Dental KidzStage presented by MIX 100 – music, magic, clowns, and puppets
- Cowboy Steve will have the “young'uns” and young at heart “ridin' high” with his guitar-picking, harmonica-blowing, fiddle-sawing fun.
- Play-Ground Theatre's most popular show, Fairy Tale Theatre, is a twist on the classic tales for young and old.
- Peter Irish and Ambree Zuba delight audiences with their award-winning juggling, circus arts, and stilt-walking skills.
- Festival of Mountain and Plain area where families can journey back to the roots of Colorado and have fun learning about the state's pioneer past, nature, and the environment.
- Raptor Education Foundation (REF) exhibit, children can learn about birds, their environment, and their interactions with humans.
- Try food favorites and new foods too – Kid-friendly food vendors will be located along the perimeter of the KidZone selling hot dogs, pretzels, popcorn, and more. A Taste of Colorado is also an opportunity for parents to encourage their children to try new foods from places like the Caribbean, South America, India, and Asia, as many of the restaurants offer “taste-sized” portions for one to three tickets.
I'm not sure which day I'll be going, but we're looking for attending this year.
This year marks 29 years of A Taste of Colorado, an end-of-summer Labor Day Weekend celebration of community pride and spirit in the Denver region. Festival hours are Friday, Aug. 31, 11:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.; Saturday, Sept. 1, and Sunday, Sept. 2, 10:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.; and Monday, Sept. 3, 10:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
There's so much fun for the whole family, it should be a great event! Are you planning on going to A Taste of Colorado? If you go, I'd love to hear what you and your kids think. For more information check out A Taste of Colorado at Colorado Kids.