This Thanksgiving Party mix recipe is easy to make and doesn’t require any baking so you can make it quick! Party mixes are the perfect extra to bring to a family gathering or fun with friends.
Whip up a batch and set it out for your guests to munch on while everyone mingles before the big Thanksgiving feast. Or package up your party mix and take it with you to the in-laws for sharing. Feel free to add in other ingredients or take some out to make this recipe your own unique mix.
Thanksgiving Party Mix
This party mix is So Yummy and can really be used all year round! You can change it up to add in or omit any ingredients you like. The trick to making this a Thanksgiving or harvest-themed mix is the warm flavors and the touch of cinnamon. You don’t need to bake this mix, so it’s really quick to make.
- 4 Cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 1 Cup straight pretzels
- 1 Cup variety of nuts
- 1 Cup dried cranberries
- 1 tbs cinnamon Sugar
- 1 tbs Salt
- 1/4 cup Harvest colored M&Ms (or sort from regular M&Ms: yellow, brown and red)
- 10 ounces almond bark melting chocolate – white and chocolate
Note about ingredients: I used a pre-packaged mix of nuts and cranberries I found at Target plus extra cranberries. The nuts are cashews and almonds.
- In a large bowl, combine cereal, pretzels, 1/2 cup nuts and 1/2 cup cranberries.
- In another bowl melt 2 blocks of the white chocolate – follow directions on package for microwave melting.
- Pour and gently stir chocolate into large bowl of ingredients. You just want a light covering of the white chocolate, not overly saturated.
- Spread ingredients on to a baking sheet. I cover my sheet with a piece of parchment paper for easier cleanup.
- Melt chocolate flavored melting chocolate – 2 blocks to start. Using a fork, drizzle chocolate over the party mix.
- Layer more nuts and cranberries and drizzle more chocolate.
- Sprinkle salt and cinnamon sugar over the entire mix while the chocolate is still wet.
- Allow to cool and harden, about 15-30 minutes.
- Break apart and scoop into a clean party bowl and serve.
Tip: The chocolate cools pretty quickly, so make sure to move quick. Because you’re drizzling most of the chocolate, it’s ok to have little clumps here and there. You’ll be breaking it apart to serve anyhow.
Serving: I provided a spoon and little paper cups so people could serve themselves a small amount to carry around with them.
For extra flavor, add in ready-made Chex mix.
You can combine to many different ingredients for this delicious Thanksgiving flavor. I think the cranberries and chocolate with a touch of cinnamon are the key.
Add in different pretzels or use only cashews… mix it up and have fun. But more importantly, get ready to share because this Thanksgiving party mix recipe will be a hit!