You can make your own cards for Mom this Mother’s Day and it doesn’t have to be a long, complex project. Today I’m sharing how to make a Quick DIY Watercolor Mother’s Day Card.
Make your own watercolored paper or you use a paper that is pre-printed. Or, better yet, you can use a different paper design together if you’d like.
For this project I am using a handwritten cut file I designed for Cricut to add a pretty gold foil touch to the card. You can make this Cricut project as is, or customize it to fit your own style.
Quick DIY Watercolor Mother’s Day Card
I’ve created a handful of handwritten sayings that you can use to make your own custom Mother’s Day card. Each word art design can be cut from any material you like or flattened in the Cricut Design Space software and printed as a single card design. You choose!
This project is not available in the Make-it-Now library. So grab the images you’d like to use and have fun creating a card however you like. That said, I have created a project canvas you are more than welcome to use for your own project.
- Cricut Machine
- Cricut Design Space™ software
- Mother’s Day Card Ideas designed by Jen Goode
- Watercolor paints, water and brush or pre-printed paper
- Transfer tape
- Prep the cardstock by either painting with watercolors or printing a watercolor design. Dry thoroughly.
- Cut out the word art of your choice using the Cricut machine and adhesive gold foil. I used the “Mom” word art for my card.
- Adhere the word art to the front of the painted cardstock. Attach to a card or send as a postcard.
Do you want to print watercolor paper instead of making your own? I have printable watercolor art paper for you to download!