Make your own Patriotic Painted Rocks. This quick craft is fun to make and perfect for any age. You can grab a bunch of rocks and have a fun afternoon painting with the kids. Or, find a quite spot outside and enjoy a relaxing day painting on your own. This is a quick craft project that you can customize for all kinds of occasions. You should be able to make your own patriotic painted rocks in about 15 minutes (plus dry time), but if you want to get really fancy, the project could take longer. Have fun making your own unique art!
Quick Craft – Patriotic Painted Rocks
Use these patriotic painted rocks to accent your garden or decorate your patriotic party table. You can do so many fun things with painted rocks. Use them as a weight on the napkins or tablecloth for the outside table settings. Or maybe you can write names and used these painted rocks as place cards or name tags for the event seating. You can also turn this into a group activity, set paint out for the kids at your patriotic BBQ or party.
- Rocks – washed and dried
- Craft paint in red, white and blue
- Paint brushes in various sizes
- Fine point permanent black marker or pen (optional)
- Use a larger brush to completely cover your rock with a single color of paint. I like to paint one side of the rock, let it dry and then paint the other side. You can also paint just a single side.
- Use a small paint brush to add designs in other colors. Use a small brush to create small circle/dots and patterns. You can also use the small brush to write on the rocks. If the writing is too small, you might want to accent it with your black pen so you can read the words.
- Allow all the paint to dry thoroughly. You can use a heat gun or hair dryer to speed up the drying process.
- Use the black pen to draw accents on your rocks.
- Add glitter or other embellishments if you'd like.
I hope you have fun making your own patriotic painted rocks. Whether you use them for your garden or your outdoor parties and celebrations, these are a super easy and cute way to add your own personal touch. I can't wait to see what you create, make sure to stop back by and tell me about it!
Now check out the rest of this month's featured quick crafts with the Craft Lightning hosts…