My kids LOVE cream of wheat for breakfast. The way we make it, it tastes just like peanut butter cookies!For this recipe today, we’re mixing everything in and serving peanut butter cookie cream of wheat! This quick and easy breakfast recipe is perfect for those cold winter days. You can also make up a breakfast cereal bar and let the kids mix up their own favorite flavor combinations.
Peanut Butter Cookie Cream of Wheat
- Cream of wheat made with milk or water
- Peanut butter
- brown sugar
- I make a batch of instant cream of wheat, following the directions for 4 servings.
- Add in about 1/4 cup of peanut butter and 1-2 tablespoons of brown sugar and stir in completely.
- Finish with a splash of milk on top of each serving.
- Top with raisins. (optional)
We’ve played with this recipe over the years. Cream of wheat is also delicious with sugar and butter or make the peanut butter combo and replace the brown sugar with maple syrup. If you’re going for a low sugar breakfast, try adding honey, berries and some cream.
I think we should try all kinds of cookie flavor combinations, don’t you? Maybe snickerdoodle or sugar cookie! Peanut butter cookie cream of wheat will always be my favorite though.
What’s your favorite breakfast recipe?