Organize your craft paint
I always try to use materials I have around the house, repurposing and re-using, before buying something new. But for this craft paint storage, I needed to buy the towel bars. These bars are the key to setting up this entire storage cabinet without a ton of extra measuring or building. You can get the entire supply list here.
Here's how I made my own craft paint storage
- Remove cabinet door from cabinet.
- Measure and cut the wood dowels to the width of your cabinet door.
- Measure placement for the metal towel bars, these will hold the paint in place. Use the awl to create a starter hole for the drill and then screw the wood screws into place. If you plan on painting the door, don't tighten the screws too much.
- Apply wood glue to one side of a dowel. Attach to cabinet just below the towel bar base plate (don't quote me on that term, I'm guessing). Hold in place with a small piece of tape.
- Once glue has dried, nail the dowel in place on either end.
- Remove towel bar and paint cabinet door. Let dry overnight.
- Replace cabinet door.
Recommended supply list
If you don't have all the supplies I've used, you can pick up the tools from this list below.
Get more craft organizing ideas: