Disney has always been an inspiration to me. Growing up with all the characters and watching movie after movie as a child inspired tons of creativity and the interest in art and design. Although I never set the goal to work for Disney, visiting the various Disney theme parks and retail outlets has definitely been source of happy memory making. I remember as a kid I would go to the Disney store just to check out all the cool Goofy themed goodies…
In Colorado we are definitely not close enough to visit the Magic Kingdom any time we want. The new Disney Store concept aims to bring that experience just a tiny bit closer with it’s interactive activities and entertainment theater. It’s a little piece of Disney magic.
Celebrate Disney Store’s Grand Opening at Park Meadows Mall
You are invited to meet Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse
at the newly-designed Disney Store at Park Meadows Mall
on June 9, 2012 from 12-4pm.
WHAT: Disney Store will celebrate the grand opening of the newly designed store at Park Meadows Mall in Lone Tree, Colorado on Saturday, June 9, 2012. Park Meadows is the first newly-designed Disney Store location to open in Colorado and one of many newly-designed store to open across North America this year, offering interactive and magical experiences for Disney fans of all ages. Disney Store’s new design concept aims to deliver “the best 30 minutes of a child’s day” through immersive storytelling neighborhoods featuring a Disney Princess with magic mirror, translucent trees, and the Disney Store Theatre featuring the latest Disney entertainment.
WHEN: Saturday June 9, 2012
- 10:00 a.m. —Disney Store Opening Ceremony and two local Make-A-Wish children “Unlock Imagination”. The first 500 guests will receive a free gift.*
- 12 p.m. – 4p.m. Meet and Greet with Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse in the mall’s Center Court. Don’t forget to bring your camera!
*Characters alternate every 30 minutes. Character appearances are subject to change or cancellation without notice.
Disney Store at Park Meadows Mall
8401 Park Meadows Center Drive, Space 1425
Lone Tree, CO 80124
5 Facts about the Disney Store:
- The Disney Store retail chain, which debuted in 1987.
- Disney Store opened its first store in Glendale, California and, in doing so, originated the themed retail business model.
- The Disney Store is owned and operated by Disney in North America, Europe, and Japan.
- There are currently more than 200 Disney Store locations in North America
- The Disney Store is also located outside the US with more than 40 Disney Store locations in Japan; and more than 100 Disney Store locations in Belgium, Denmark, France, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Spain and the United Kingdom.